Monday was one of the 1st sunny and hot days in almost a week! It was also my regular day of grocery shopping and I was fortunate this week because one store had so many different kinds of veggies on sale as well as big bags of new potatoes!Errands, paying bills and all sorts of *regular* jobs were on the agenda as well. After I washed my hair, I sat outside in relative shade with my back toward the sun to dry it faster while I worked on a crocheting project.
We had a delicious supper of BBQ Oktoberfest sausages, potato salad and peaches and cream corn on the cob ~ yummy!! We rarely eat desserts unless we have company :o)
I splurged and bought my husband 2 very small containers of fresh raspberries for some *lunchbox* treats. They're a favourite of his and in our 'neck of the woods', are very expensive ... but you know what, he's worth it :o)
Today promises adventure all its own as I do the laundry, drop off a huge bag of goodies at a place of need, take a friend to an appointment and stop in at another store which is on our way to her home as I purchase the rest of my grocery needs.
After supper, we'll be off to enjoy our regular weekly prayer meeting and Bible Study night :o)
Doesn't every day have it's simple blessings, if we only watch for them!? What are YOURS today?!

Summertime II by Carolyn Shores Wright

6 comments:
Sounds like you had full day!
Diane
Sounds like lovely days, Dallas!
Yesterday it was a tremendous blessing that the workers finished the back half of our roof before the rains came! My husband is off on Mondays and he helped me to make a meal for someone recovering from surgery. Today I have been blessed to be able to spend time doing some homekeeping and this afternoon I am making a pie for guests coming this evening. Each day does have it's own simple blessings!
Have a blessed evening of prayer and Bible study!
Sharon
Yes, they truly are. I find that when my day is as ordinary as they come, I tend to enjoy it more.
Thanks for sharing your day with us :-)
blessings,
mari
Diane,
It was full but very enjoyable :o)
* * *
Sharon,
I'm so glad that the back half of your roof was finished before the rains came and that you were able to be used to give blessing to others :o)
Rains came pelting down here as well in the latter part of the afternoon and I got soaked :o)
* * *
Mari,
I know exactly what you mean and that's why I put this quote on my front page:
"... the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but those that bring simple little pleasures, following one after another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." ~ from ANNE of AVONLEA by Lucy Maud Montgomery
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
I'm so thankful for the ordinary days too. Yours sounded full but happy. (o:
I wanted to ask--In the title of your post you spelled 'too'- 'toow'. Was there a reason for this that I missed or was it just a typo? (o:
Michele,
:o)
It was a terrible *typo* ~ thanks for pointing it out and I've just corrected it too! Puts me in mind of our local newspaper that sometimes does the same thing in headlines :o(
It was a full but enjoyable day :o)
Post a Comment