Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hello and Good-Bye

Last Thursday morning, my eldest son arrived out this way just for the weekend, for the wedding in a different town of his best friend since childhood.

It was wonderful to see him, even if it was only for a few hours that day and then overnight on Sunday before he headed back home early Monday morning :o)

Even though I had tears in my eyes as we hugged good-bye, I reminded both him and his brother about what I used to ask them when they were youngsters and their Grandma visited.

The boys [their sister was 5 years younger and unaware] would be so sad and cry so much and I would ask them if they would have preferred that Grandma didn't come out?

"Noooooo!!" they both shouted.

"Better to have seen your loved one and created memories together and had fun and cried when they left, than never to have see or visited with them at all and never cried!!

That's how I felt on Monday morning :o)




Photo of my sons with their grandma c1986.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dallas, you are so right. It is better to create memories than never seeing them.

I don't live close to my siblings or my parents. I do miss them so. But when we do get together, the memories are so sweet :-)

blessings,

mari

Abounding Treasures said...

Mari,

How often are you able to get together with them?

It *is* wonderful to have special memories of times spent together, isnt' it!!?

Blessings,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

I'm glad you were given even this short visit!

We do need to make the most of every opportunity to enjoy our loved ones!

Have a great weekend,

Sharon

Sharon said...

You are so right! I love creating memories. :)

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon of The Shepherds House,

I am too :o)

Every opportunity is a special gift from the Lord because time is so short!

* * *

Sharon of Keeper of the Home,

I am with you ~ creating special memories is something I treasure!

Hope you're enjoying your blogging *break* :o)

Trust you both have a great weekend!
Dallas