Saturday, July 5, 2008

Simple Family Gathering

We had a wonderful barbeque supper last evening!

My husband's 84 year old aunt was down visiting and some of his family got together while the rest will get together with her today at their cottage.

BBQ chicken and pork, corn on the cob, pasta salad, potato salad, vegetable tray with dip and rolls.

Dessert was tea, fresh strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwi and a yummy sweet dip and an absolutely delicious white cake with a light frosting and a glaze containing very thin slices of strawberry and kiwi along with mandarin orange and blueberries. Mmmmmm!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend with loved ones :o)

Graphic courtesy of Marjolein Bastein

6 comments:

Paula said...

Dear Dallas,
I love Marjolein Bastein! Vera the mouse is so sweet. I am glad you had a wonderful Independence Day!

Have a lovely weekend!
May the Lord bless you!
Paula

~~Deby said...

Our day, ended being up quiet yeaterday with just us, due to health reasons...but it was nice and I enjoyed it and the company of my husband and pooch...
Deby

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

It sounds like a wonderful time you had with family ~ and the food all sounded delicious!! It is so nice to be able to have family get togethers!
We have been enjoying a nice weekend here.

Have a blessed Sunday,

Sharon

Black Cat said...

Sounds like a lovely day and a delicious menu!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I've already commented on this post or not--so just in case I didn't I thought I'd comment again.

Your family gathering sounds like a wonderful time of family and food!

Oh and I *love* Vera the mouse! I think my next blog design will feature her. (o;

Abounding Treasures said...

Paula,

I love all of Marjolein Bastein's artwork!

We had a wonderful family BBQ but it wasn't because of a July 4th ... here in Canada we celebrate our country's birthday on Jul 1st.
* * *
Deby,

Glad that your day was enjoyable but sorry to hear that there were health reasons :o(
* * *
Sharon,

I am so glad that you had a good weekend! We had a wonderful reunion with my husband's elderly aunt!
* * *
Phoebe,

The food was delicious and we had a great time! Trust you did as well.
* * *
Michele,

We really enjoyed the food and most of all, the family!

Any new blog design featuring Vera the Mouse would be wonderful :o)

Trust you all have a great week!
Dallas