Monday, July 14, 2008

Lean Hard


Child of My love, lean hard,
And let Me feel the pressure of thy care;
I know thy burden, child. I shaped it;
Poised it in Mine Own Hand; made no proportion
In its weight to thine unaided strength,
For even as I laid it on, I said,
"I shall be near, and while she leans on Me,
This burden shall be Mine, not hers;

So shall I keep My child within the circling arms
Of My Own love." Here lay it down, nor fear
To impose it on a shoulder which upholds
The government of worlds. Yet closer come:
Thou art not near enough. I would embrace thy care;
So I might feel My child reposing on My breast.
Thou lovest Me? I knew it. Doubt not then;
But loving Me, lean hard.

~ Author Unknown ~


This has been a favourite poem of mine for many years ... it's brought me comfort and strength through many a difficult and stressful situation and I wanted to share it, that it may be a blessing to someone else as well :o)




2 comments:

Victoria (Vii) said...

Beautiful and encouraging, knowing that He has all my struggles in His hands!

Abounding Treasures said...

Victoria,

I am glad that you were blessed by this poem ~ I know I was at various times in my life and it's always been a *keeper*.