Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Love Crocheting

UPDATE -- If you are interested in the PATTERNS for any of the dishcloths shown here, the NAME of the DISHCLOTH holds the LINK for the actual pattern site -- just CLICK it :o)

Here's my 2nd ROUND DISHCLOTH in a different colour mix ~ I thought I did it exactly the same as the 1st but couldn't have, because for some reason it's slightly smaller although it has the same number of rows / rounds !?? Oh well, I'm easy to please and in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter :o)

In both of them, I only made a foundation ring of 5 instead of 8 because the hole in the middle seemed too large but I'm going to try it according to the pattern next ...



















I love crocheting! It's the kind of hobby that can be carried anywhere and worked on anytime there are a few minutes available.

I can do it while waiting in the doctor's office, waiting to get my car repaired or the oil changed, when I'm a passenger going for a long drive, whenever I have a few minutes while waiting for something to finish baking or what have you ....

I finally made a ROUND DISHCLOTH and it was much easier than I had expected:















While I was waiting for my friend at the hospital last week, I decided to try a new pattern for dishcloths and found that they could be done very quickly:















I'm also including the previous ones so that any differences can be seen:

1 ~ Previous Pattern:
















2 ~ Newer Pattern:















WHICH one do YOU prefer?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decisions decisions !!
Nope can't do it..... I like em both!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

I can't decide either, I like them both! I *really* like the round ones a lot. (o:

Lori said...

I like them too. I love knitting dish cloths. I have tried crocheting, but I just can't get the rhythm of what is going on. I guess I'll be sticking with the knitting until I can figure it out.

Tracy said...

I like the first one! Pattern please?

Anonymous said...

They both look great. I love the colours, when they are all put together like that. Also, I think it's neat the way the colours on the top dishcloth have formed an argyle pattern.

~~Deby said...

All of them....and love Varigated yarn and floss....ooooh...the round is pretty too...
Just so lovely.
Deby

Anonymous said...

I like them both, but the one I really like is the round one :) do you think you could post the pattern?

blessings,

mari

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

They are both very pretty! So bright and colorful! And I love the round one too! Lovely work!! My daughter has been crocheting lately ~ I think I'll have to see what I can do! What kind of yarn do you use for these?

It looks like such a good way to take advantage of those extra minutes you have here and there!

Blessings,

Sharon

Anonymous said...

They are all pretty which makes dishwashing a lot more fun (especially when I use lavender scented dish soap!) . . . I would choose the round one and would love that pattern! Maybe you could post it?

Blessings!

TO BECOME said...

I really like both of them. You are very good at crocheting. The round one is especially pretty. Have a great day!!! connie from Texas

Jodi said...

Oh pretty! I like the way all them look; I'm a big fan of bright, variegated yarn. However, from experience of use, I would prefer #1 to wash dishes (I think the tighter woven designs have more scrubbing power). But if you're going to use it as a washcloth ~ and these do work very well for that, too ~ then I would choose any of the three.

Sharon said...

I like them both! Such bright, cheery colors. :) The round one is SO CUTE!

Abounding Treasures said...

Diane,

Thanks for at least trying :o)

* * *

Michele,

I know what you mean :o) I was a little nervous about trying a round one but I really love the effect!

* * *

Lori,

You are braver than I :o) I tried knitting years ago and couldn't it out so decided to stick to crocheting!

* * *

Tracy,

Jodi says from experience that the 1st one with a tighter weave is better for scrubbing dishes so that's good to know!

Each dishcloth style now has a pattern LINK to it :o)

* * *

Sabine,

Thanks, I love the variegated cotton yarns too!

I hadn't even noticed it looked like an argyle pattern :o)

* * *

Deby,

I love the round one too and I'm hoping someday to figure out how to do a very thin thread *real* doily ... someday farther in the future no doubt because I just don't think I could yet :o)

* * *

Mari,

The round one is lovely and the *words* in the post now have a LINK for the patterns for all 3 :o)

* * *

Sharon,

I love the round one too and it's a fabulous way to use extra minutes here and there!

You'll have to post some of what your daughter has crocheted so we can all enjoy it :o)

* * *

Caryn,

The round is very pretty and I've posted the LINK with the Name of it now for everyone's convenience!

I use a delightfully scented dishwashing liquid as well and love it!

* * *

Connie,

Thanks! They are all pretty but the round one at that time was my *piece de resistance* 'cause it was my 1st in that shape :o)

* * *

Jodi,

Thanks for your explanation from experience! I hadn't ever thought of using them as washcloths ~ what a great idea :o)

* * *

Sharon,

Thanks, I think all the colours are bright and cheery too and I love going to a new store and seeing if I can find *new-to-me* selection of varigated cotton yarns!

* * *
Wow! I had no idea that a few pix of my crocheting would yield so many lovely and delightful comments!

If you check back over the post, you will see that I have added another round one in lovely lilac shades with blues and soft greens as well as PATTERN LINKS for ALL of the dishcloths :o)

I trust all of you have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones,

Blessings,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

They're lovely - I quite enjoy washing up but these would certainly brighten up my day!

Abounding Treasures said...

Phoebe,

Thanks! Hope today is a *bright one* for you :o)

Have a lovely weekend,
Dallas