Monday, June 23, 2008

To Heat or Not to Heat?

I returned awhile ago from grocery shopping and a few errands and am I ever glad that we have air conditioning in our car!!

It's the 1st time in our married life that we've had it and I must say, it makes all the difference during the summer for me because I am a person who does ENJOY the heat and humidity :o)

The time of *oven meals* has pretty well passed so tonight I'm going to do a stir fry of boneless chicken strips, broccoli, onion quarters, fresh mushrooms in a light soy [lower sodium], garlic and ginger sauce and white rice.

I've got some egg rolls for the side but have a bit of a dilemma!

Do I keep the house as cool as it is now and deep fry them although that's not the healthiest way to cook them OR do I heart up the house and bake them in the oven which is the healthier way to cook them?

Right now, I'm leaning toward the UN-healthy method and LESS heat :o)

I don't have a rocking chair on my side deck, but after supper, that's where the breeze and shade will be, so that's where I'll be :o)

Graphic courtesy of Georgia Janisse entitled: Georgia's Rocking Chair

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be hot at your end of the world!!
Think cool !
Take care,
Diane

Abounding Treasures said...

To *me* it is, but to some, it's actually just perfect weather.

You'd have to know me to understand ~ I am just not a *sun* person and definitely NOT a humidity person!

Have a wonderful day!

~~Deby said...

My husband says I am a penguin because IF given the choice the perfect temp for me is between 66-68, my vote would be not to heat up the house....
Deby

Black Cat said...

Whatever you decide it all sounds delicious!

Victoria (Vii) said...

Humidity can definitely turn a summer sour! Hopefully you will have a summer full of wonderful breezes!

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby,

Then, I guess I'm a penguin too :o)
* * *
Phoebe,

I deep fried them and they were delicious ~ so much so, that my husband prefers them that way :o)
* * *
Breaths of the heart,

Now that the humidity has begun, we'll likely have it until almost the end of August :o(

Trust you all have a wonderful day!
Dallas

Mo said...

I don't know about egg rolls......but I've taken our turkey roaster out to the garage and baked outside. It just seems silly to turn on the a.c., then turn on the oven.
Kind of like putting sugar in tea......then a lemon.

Abounding Treasures said...

mobunny,

I enjoyed your comparison of putting sugar in tea and then lemon :o)

Do you have an oven or a BBQ in your garage?

My mo-in-law often roasted turkey in hers and also roast beef or pork ... we haven't tried that yet.

The egg rolls were actually crispier and tastier somehow done in the deep fryer so that's probably the way we'll make them all the time now :o)

Have a great day!