Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Past Few Days Have Flown By

I can hardly believe this is my 1st post since Monday, but it has been very busy here.

Yesterday was when I washed all my floors, a load of laundry was hung on the clothesline so the clean, fresh scent could be enjoyed long after they were taken in :o)

I began the task of cleaning up the guest room / spare room but didn't get it completed. I managed to clear away some large items but when I got to the large, flat box containing old 'snapshots' from my husband's parents, I was lost :o)

I sat back and started chosing ones I wanted to scan and save right away and have a box of old photos I want to scan and save so I can give a CD containing all of them to each of his 6 siblings.

I even sat on the floor and read a 3 page letter sent by me to my in-laws way back in December 1981 when I was a young mother with a 1 year old son!

It's amazing how time flies as that son is now a father of a 30 month old and a new baby due in mid-October :o)

I made a ground beef-tomato pasta casserole for supper and then it was off to our weekly prayer meeting and Bible study.

Today wasn't supposed to be busy outside my home, but it turned out that way in the end!! After mailing a parcel, I bought a few items at that grocery store and then went to buying gas at my favourite spot which gives a discount on any gas purchase by way of a cash-back coupon that can then be used later when buying groceries.

At their garden center, I purchased a tomato plant to put on my deck since I have no veggie garden anymore and also got a couple of upright fuschia plants and 3 deep red geraniums.

A trip to the store that had fresh strawberries on sale was a wasted effort because either they still didn't received them, or they had sold out once again!

A stop at a veggie/fruit store that I rarely visit was great because they had a wonderful variety as well as flower transplants at the best price I've seen yet, urging me to finish up my selections with 4 X 4packs of bright yellow marigolds and a couple of multi-coloured sweet william which smell as wonderful as my favourite carnations!

After a final stop to pick up my prescription medication, I arrived home and after putting things away and chopping and cutting and changing my mind on what I wanted to make for dinner, we sat down and enjoyed the quick stir fry of boneless chicken, green pepper rings, fresh sliced mushrooms, onion rings alongside steamed broccoil and new, tiny potatoes "in their jackets" [don't you just love that phrase?!].

After supper, as per our usual, we sat down and read a chapter in Isaiah and had a lively discussion before my husband's brother arrived. Each Wednesday evening they play their guitars and serenade me no matter what I'm doing ~ it's delightful :o)

Clean and Fresh by Jerianne Van Dijk

5 comments:

Paula said...

Dear Dallas,

Thank you so much for visiting me and for your sweet comment! You have a beautiful blog and I look forward to reading it!

It sounds like you had a lovely day!

I hope you have a lovely week, too!
The Lord bless you!
Paula

TO BECOME said...

It does sound like you have been very busy. I love the smell of clean sheets that have been line dried out in the fresh air. That was one of my Mom's very favorite smells.

How nice the to be able to hear music from your husband and his brother each week. I love the sound of music. Have a great day and be blest. connie from Texas

Abounding Treasures said...

Paula,

You are welcome! ~ I truly loved seeing those pictures of your sunroom and wish you a lovely weekend.
* * *
Connie,

No matter where we have lived over the past 30 years, having a clothesline was always a priority when possible because I love the fragrance of line dried sheets!

Have a great weekend!

~~Deby said...

To end a day being serenaded sounds like a BIG BLESSING to me...
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby,

It *is* a blessing and often, I hear my husband either just playing or singing as well, several evenings a week :o)