We had a family BBQ last Saturday and all but 1 of his siblings and their spouses plus a few of the cousins came over for a wonderful visit.
Other than the everyday needed basics like cleaning the bathroom, sweeping the floors and vacuuming, dishes and laundry, I haven't done much heavy duty. Of course, grocery shopping and cooking are on the top of the list as well.
Thursday evening there was a special ministry meeting on the book of Hebrews about Christ being our High Priest forever and always supplying just what we need and then a whole night last evening devoted to "Living by Faith Today" ... they really ministered to my heart.Our daughter was getting packed and ready to go to an entire weekend devoted to the ministry of God's precious Word and the plan was for her to be picked up when we were away.
A change of plan must have happened because upon our return home a couple of hours later, she was standing at the door needing a ride to the drop-off point where her ride would meet her.
This morning an anxious telephone call from her asked me to check the glove compartment of our car to see if her wallet was there. It wasn't. I asked her to please phone or text me back as soon as she was able to find out whether she had dropped it in the car of the people who had given her a ride.
She was already worried and I was beginning to get really panic-y because EVERYTHING was in that wallet -- the money we had given her for the weekend; her ID, bank card and health card; her photo driver's license! Without the latter, she would not be able to get on the plane this Tuesday for her return flight.
My husband as usual, wasn't getting as anxious as I was .... when I questioned him, he told me that he was already praying about it and that God knew all about it. I realized at that moment that I should give it to Him in prayer, so that's what I did.
Finally, another call was received with the wonderful news that the driver of the car had found her wallet and we could all breathe a sigh of relief and thankfulness :o)
2 comments:
I'm so glad her wallet was found, Praise the Lord!!!
Michele,
Thanks! As you can imagine, we were so relieved to findlly get the good news!
Post a Comment