in my tiny cobalt blue and white vase
because this lovely, fragrant flower
delights my heart and my senses
as I stand at my kitchen sink
washing dishes, several times a day :0)
Sadly, my dear mother-in-law passed away in 2004
but her memory lingers on ...
because the few lily of the valley plants she gave me 20 years ago
have spread and multiplied to this:

because this lovely, fragrant flower
delights my heart and my senses
as I stand at my kitchen sink
washing dishes, several times a day :0)
Sadly, my dear mother-in-law passed away in 2004but her memory lingers on ...
because the few lily of the valley plants she gave me 20 years ago
have spread and multiplied to this:
5 comments:
Those are so lovely ~ enjoy that sweet bouquet at your sink!
Blessings,
Sharon
Thanks Sharon!
Every time I inhale their scent I remember not only my mother-in-law but how much I looked forward to returning home around this time of year, after my transplant :o)
Oh how wonderful! A flowering plant like that is the gift that keeps on giving. Lovely. (o:
Michele,
My sentiments exactly and those are the most precious gifts :o)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Dallas
You are so right...we have never lived anywhere long enough in our almost 37 years to do this. We were a military family...I sure love the idea and the sentiments that go with it.
Deby
Post a Comment