Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Busy Wednesday

Today was one of those times in which I was reminded of some of the blessings of being a home-maker.

I was able to not only visit a friend for lunch but also to take 2 new friends to their doctors' appointments. Shortly after as I drove toward my usual 'gas stop', I was able to offer a ride to another friend that was carrying 2 shopping bags and walking to her apartment which was quite a little distance away.

I only pray that I am more and more open to being used in this way as the days and weeks pass.

Copper Pots by Deborah Chabrian

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to be used of God for the benefit of another!!! :-)

Abounding Treasures said...

Amen, Kate!

I worked part time at our local library before my heart transplant and could not get back on afterwards so began to wonder what God had in mind for my time at home.

This is one of the things He laid on my heart when He began bringing things into my heart concerning the importance of home and being a keeper at home, something that I was losing sight once my children were grown!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Dallas

Anonymous said...

That is such a blessing to see the Lord use you. It is so wonderful to be a keeper at home and to be available for things such as this!
Praying that the Lord will continue to show you the things He has for you ~ you are such an encouragement in this ~ I too, often lose sight of these things!

Have a wonderful day,

Sharon

Aliene said...

Just stopping by to say hello and tell you thanks again. We sure enjoyed looking back several generations. I enjoy your post. I too want to be a blessing to others. Love mingled with prayer.
Aliene

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Thanks again for all your work that we might look back several
generations. Enjoy your blog. I too want to be a blessing to other.
I like the verse at the top of your comment spot. I pray that almost every day. Have a good week end and may the Lord bless you richly as you minister to others. Aliene

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

Thank you your kind words of encouragement!

It is something I lose sight of too and that's why I'm trying to be prayerful about it :o)
* * *
Aliene,

You are most welcome and it was my pleasure to do it for you!

I love that verse at the top of this comment page as well ~ it echoes the desire of my heart but sadly, not always the practice of my life :o(

Blessings to both of you and your families this weekend --
Dallas