We had a 2 hour power outage yesterday under a clear sky - no idea what caused it but it left our router NOT working and computers off-line :o( My husband figured it out this evening and all is working again and I have to admit, that I am VERY glad.I am THANKFUL that the Lord enabled my daughter to make her surprise trip out here.
But, she returned to her new home on the other side of the country this afternoon so today was bittersweet. I had to put into practice what I always taught my children when they were little and their grandma had spent a couple of months with us from far across the land.
We have to endure the pain of parting in order to have the delightful, treasured times of visiting with our loved ones from afar!
Graphic courtesy of Marjolein Bastin
6 comments:
Oh how I understand that pain of departing! We enjoyed 10 hours with our Solider after his graduation only to have to say goodbye until November! What a joy to see him though. :-)
Glad you were blessed!!!
Kate
A electric outage is always unsettling isn't it!
I know just how you feel. I live far away from my daughter and her family. We do what we call "power visits"...it is always sad to part! (((hugs)))
I'm glad to hear your computer is working once again ~ it's amazing how much we use them!
Yes, it is difficult to be away from our loved ones, but I am so happy for you that you enjoyed her sweet surprise visit and I'm sure you all made some treasured memories that will linger on to encourage your heart!
Blessings to you today :)
Sharon
Kate,
How difficult that must have been but as you said - What a joy to see him!!
* * *
Ya-Ya,
Power outages are unsettling and especially difficult here as we are on a well so no bathroom facilities during those outages :o(
I know just what you mean when your loved one lives far away as virtually all of my family are right across the country while my husband's family are here.
* * *
Sharon,
It's amazing how much we use our computers and just how much some of us [me!] take electricity in general, for granted.
Her surprise visit was a delightful surprise and many memories were made that will be treasured in my heart and for that, I'm very thankful.
* * *
Blessings to each of you and your dear families :o)
~Dallas
Those farwells are rough I sure do know that first hand, as I was a military wife for 23 years, and now with grown children, and grandchildren it sure is hard to say GOOD BYE.....but we do make it and I am thankful for the computer and phone and all the technology that makes it a bit easier...
Deby
Deby,
I know! I can't imagine how my mom felt when we moved right across the country with our own 2 toddlers and there was NO computer or email to make it so easy to send pix as soon as they are taken. She had to wait for a week or two to receive a photo and by the time she got it, it was out of date :o(
Dallas
Post a Comment