Since spring hasn't quite sprung where I live, I thought I'd redecorate my blog so that at least it looked and felt bright and cheery!In making my new header, I've used pictures that hopefully give a glimpse of who I am and what makes my heart sing :o)
- The Bible pages indicates not only my love for reading but more importantly, my personal relationship with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- The heart reminds me not only of my dear husband and our children, as well as our joint families, but also that I have been given a 2nd chance at life through the generosity of a heart donor family and the miracle of God's intervention.
- The quilt, made by my husband's maternal grandmother, shows my love of genealogy, ancestry and treasures of the past, all that has shaped my present.
- The Lennart Nilsson photo of an unborn baby shows my love of children and declares how I treasure the sanctity of life, which begins before birth.
- The lilac dishes and table setting remind me of family and the importance of a home that honours God. In our home, many conversations have centered 'around our table'.
- I love not only the visual beauty of flowers, but also their wondrous fragrances! Between the lovely dishes and table setting and flowers, it will be apparent that I treasure beauty in all forms.
7 comments:
I really admire your new header, Dallas! It's beautiful!
It looks FANTASTIC!! Great job! (o:
Tracy,
Thanks for your kind words! Once I chose the pix that I thought gave a glimpse of the real me, it was fun to do all the niggly work and get them into a grid and then a collage!
* * *
Michele,
Thanks and thank YOU for being such an inspiration to try new things on my blog via your own blog and how you've learned to manipulate and change things!
I'm not anywhere near where you are being able to make changes to backgrounds and such but the header was FUN to do and within my
"range" :o)
Blessings to you both!
Dallas
I like the light, airy feeling of your blog! It definitely makes me think of spring!
How do you create your own format and header for blogspot? Is it a paid account function or something? :)
I had just been admiring your blo header when I saw this post. I love the pictures you chose!
Mrs Gunning,
NO, it's not a paid function.
I use Corel PHOTOPAINT [or any good graphics program] and I design it that way using photos or whatever I want.
You'd be able to do it too ... it just takes patience because it's "fiddly" work :o)
Deborah,
Thanks for the compliment on my blog header ~ I just found your post :o)
Post a Comment