Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Special Table

This beautiful little mantle clock only came from the Dollar Store but it keeps perfect time and I love the gentle tick-tock sound it makes as I sit at my computer.

I LOVE CLOCKS, and have several :o)

The blue vase showing at the back was one of the gifts from my husband this past Christmas. The little aqua coloured book is filled with photos from my only grandson's 1st year.

The doily was crocheted by my mom and the cow with a handle for her tail belonged to my husband's GR grandfather so even though it's chipped on one side, it's very special.

All of these sit on a lovely round oak pedestal table that we inherited from my husband's parents shortly after their deaths, which took place only 5 months apart.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely setting :-) I absolutely love clocks as well!! :-)

Abounding Treasures said...

Kate,

Thanks! Clocks are one of the things I always love to look at, no matter where I go :o)

Tracy said...

Dallas,
That IS a special table indeed. So many treasures in a little bit of space. everything looks beautiful as you have arranged it.

CIELO said...

Good morning, thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet comments, you have a beautiful blog, and I love your blog banner; wish I could see more pictures of those lovely purple dinner plates... they're beautiful!

Have a great day

Cielo

Abounding Treasures said...

Cielo,

Thanks for stopping by!

The mauve dishes and place setting are from a JC Penney cataloge and I agree--they are lovely :o)

~~Deby said...

What a sweet picture..and the clock from the DOLLAR STORE...now that is a DEAL...tiffany lamps are my favorite.
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby,

Thanks for visiting! I love Tiffany lamps as well but the one you see in the photo is NOT a real one :o)