Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Empty Arms Remembered

In a little over 1 month, it will have been 20 years since I had a daughter who was stillborn. Although many years have passed, aspects of that time in my life are quite fresh in my memory. Because there was too much to relate in a simple post, I decided to create a separate blog ~ Sharon Lydia Grace ~ I know that all over the world, countless others have suffered the loss of a child, either through miscarriage, stillbirth or post-birth early death. Perhaps the sharing of my story might be of some comfort or help to others in their loss. My new blog will as simply as possible, tell the story of not only a little life that never saw the light of day, but the story of how a caring and compassionate God dried my tears.

4 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I think so often of my first child, Matthew, who went to Heaven a half an hour after he was born as a preemie.

I don't understand the ways of God but I do know I wouldn't have had my daughter (probably) just over a year later.

I know her hubby as well as "Miss E.", David, Faith, and another little Matthew (celebrating his 1st birthday next week) are all very happy their wife and mama came along.

My own Matthew is waiting on the other side. Doesn't that make Heaven seem even closer at times?

Anonymous said...

Amen, Dallas! Praise God that your testimony will minister to those who are experiencing what you have already been through. May they find healing for their weary hearts at your blog!

Kate

Abounding Treasures said...

Brenda,

How sad it must have been for you and your husband when your little Matthew went home much earlier than you ever imagined possible.

I understand what you mean about your daughter's birth just over a year later ... the same with us!

Our daughter born 14 months later was a little person that the Lord wanted here on earth and in our family, for a reason :o)

Knowing that I'll see Sharon for the very 1st time when I get home to Heaven thrills my soul at times, even though it's been so many years.

Thanks for sharing your story and blessings to you :o)
Dallas

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you this day, Dallas,

I wanted to write to you on the day you posted this and I got side tracked and never got back to it that day. But on that day, my heart went out to you and I connencted with you even more.

We are kindred spirits in so many ways, and this is another thing in life we share. Our first daughter, Lisa went home to be with the Lord two days after she was born. It's along story, but she died from complications she recieved during birth. I never held her, she went directly to NICU.

Like you and Brenda, we had our second daughter 12 months and 10 days later. And if Lisa would have lived, this daughter probably wouldn't be here today.

God was so good to give us a daughter and 4 years later a son. When ever I have to fill out medical history and it asks how many children have you had..a sad sigh inside me always happens.

Thank you for sharing more of your life and testimony with all of us!

Blessings, Patty