What a beautiful day we're having ~ sunny and warm after a very prolonged winter!A newly cut path in the woods that are diagonally across the road from us, beckoned me to investigate.
As I wandered up this path and down another, I took several pictures to remember what we have been priviledged to live near for the past 20 years. I must say, because of my ill-health over the previous 12 years, I was never able to walk through it and never really appreciated it as much I should have :o(
Within the past few weeks we have noticed several woodsmen cutting a path into those very woods and the rumour going around is that there is a road planned in the near future -- just how near, we're not sure.
This road was something that we knew was possible when we purchased our lot here and built our own small home 20 years ago, but with the passing of time, it was no longer in the forefront of our minds.
Because we aren't sure of the time-frame for the building of this new road, today seemed as good a day as any for me to venture in and re-discover this beautiful, under-appreciated area.The babbling of the brook reached my ears long before the sight of it reached my eyes. I have always loved the sound of moving water .... I find it very calming and relaxing.
The sunlight glistened on the water's surface and I glanced around for a spot to sit so I could spend some time just enjoying something simple and pure, probably not exactly as the Lord had created it, but pretty close.
I found a small, old fallen tree and hoped that it would hold me and I wouldn't plop to the ground.I'm so out-of-shape from the lack of walking outdoors much this past icy, cold, long winter that I was afraid I might not be able to get back up very easily :o)
I simply sat on the fallen tree, took in a deep breath of fresh spring air, and let the sights and sounds around me cause me to praise the One who had created them all.
The trickling of the brook, the chirping of the birds and the sun finally shining its warm rays over all, made me pause and consider all that I have been blessed with in just the simple, regular everyday things that I take for granted. Others perhaps take them for granted as well, from time to time.
May my heart ever remember my Creator. May I meditate often on all that He has done for me over the years.May I especially always fully appreciate my Saviour and what He has done for me at Calvary.
My I always be aware of what the Lord wants for me in my life, which I now yearn to live for His glory.
With these thoughts afresh in my heart, here's a photo of me taking a photo and waving a Spring Hello to everyone, hoping that you have a wonderful day in your little corner of God's wonderful, amazing creation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment