Thursday, March 20, 2008

God's Unspeakable Gift

For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

It was the amazing truth in this verse that spoke to my heart almost 31 years ago when I trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour.

I didn't trust in the verse, but rather in the Person the verse spoke of :-)

Behold! a spotless Victim dies, My Surety on the tree;
The Lamb of God the Sacrifice, He gave Himself for me!

Whatever curse was mine He bore; The wormwood and the gall
There in that lone mysterious hour, My cup--He drained it all!

Lord Jesus! Thou, and none beside, It's bitterness could know,
Nor other tell Thy joy's full tide, That from that cup shall flow.

Thine is the joy, but yet 'tis mine, 'Tis ours as one with Thee
My joy flows from that grief of Thine, Thy death brings life to me!

And while the ages roll along, This shall my glory be;
And this the new and endless song, Thy love to us--to me!


"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable Gift!"
2 Corinthians 9:15

5 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Amen, loved the poem!

I just found your blog and I'll be back.

Oh yea, are you from Dallas? I'm from Arlington.

Cherish the Home said...

Amen! Praise the Lord!!

I wish you and your family a very happy Easter. (o:

Blessings,
Michele

Abounding Treasures said...

Tori,

Glad you found my blog and that you'll pop by again :-) The poem is an old hymn that I love.

No, I'm not from Dallas, believe it or not, it's my 1st name!

* * *
Michele,

I wish you and your husband a very happy Easter as well.
* * *
I don't normally like "flashy" graphics but the only thing the Lord laid on my heart today was the message of John 3:16, this old hymn and this graphic ~ who am I to argue (o:

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Tracy said...

HE IS RISEN!!!!

Happy Resurrection Day!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Hope you're having a blessed Easter!