Friday, February 1, 2008

SHOW and TELL FRIDAY

Show and Tell
I am very excited to be participating in my 1st SHOW and TELL.

Treasures come in many forms.


This past Wednesday while browsing one of our local thrift shops,
I came upon a few that not only were beautiful, but unbelievably inexpensive!

I want to share what I found with you.

The cream and sugar set cost $1.00

The doily underneath was crocheted many years ago by my dear mother.

The set of 6 cups and saucers, larger serving bowl, flatter bowl and platter
are all dishwasher and microwave safe and made in Staffordshire, England.

They cost me the grand sum of $1.50!!
All in all, I spent only $2.00
~ Oh, how I love a bargain.

Go to KELLI'S PLACE to see many other delightful Show and Tell treasures!

23 comments:

Cheryl said...

How could you not buy out the store at those prices! What great finds you found!

Pretty Life Online said...

fantastic saucers and cups!!! mines up too... Happy STF!

Pear tree cottage! said...

O! Mrs M, how I love a bargain too - I could see the lovely cups & saucers but not the other photos - so I will come back again and see if they are up yet.

You have some great thrift shops over there I may have to catch a plane and head on over. :)

our thrift shops are call second hand shops here.

Lee-ann

Lana G! said...

GREAT Finds! You cannot beat that price!!! Love it! The tea cups are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The photos won't show up on my screen, I'm not sure if it is my computer or blogger. I shall try to get back later to have a look.

Blessings.

Hootin Anni said...

The photos aren't showing up for me!!! :o(

I'm bummed.

Anonymous said...

You have a nice entry this week thanks for sharing. Happy weekend.

ellen b. said...

I love thrift store bargains too! Right now your photos are not appearing for me, I'll come back later and see if they do then...

Ingrid said...

You made a good deal for 1 $ !! and I love the English set !

Susan said...

For some reason the pictures did not show up for me. Just the little square with the x. I'm sure they were all lovely and certainly a bargain.
Susan

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks to all of you for your comments and patience!

I have now posted/uploaded the photos 5 times and at the moment, they are there!

I am hoping it's a blogger problem that won't happen to often :-)

Blessing,
Mrs M

Anonymous said...

The photos came up for me. So I was able to see your beautiful bargains. I feel inspired to go shopping, thrift shop shopping today.
Kathy b

Linda said...

Great finds! Pretty dishes and the doily you mom made is wonderful. Your pictures look great fo me. Linda

TJ said...

Wonderful! Welcome to show and tell!

cherished*vintage said...

Wow! What a fantastic find! Those kind of bargins are so fun. I love the doily your mother made too. Great show and tell!
-Karoline

Constance said...

I get SO excited over a great find at a great price! I like to pick up little bowls or saucers at antique stores. They are great for holding loose items on the vanity, etc. Thanks for sharing!
Connie

Julieann said...

Oh Boy!!! I would have been so excited to find those---you did good!! I am glad you played Show and Tell today:) The doily is beautiful.

Julieann

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness, what treasures!! I love the simple lines of the sugar and creamer. Thanks for sharing.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Welcome to Show and Tell! You have a good one, what great bargains, and so pretty!

Katherine

Kathi said...

They are so sweet. What a bargain. I'm so happy for you.

Kathi

Rose of Sharon said...

What a lovely blessing! They are all so beautiful. Good eye!

:0) Sharon

JEWELGIRL said...

Great finds and great
prices, I need your
thift store in my city!

Carrie said...

These are great thrifty finds.