Wednesday, January 30, 2008

ALL THOSE MONTHS

Your little heart beating so strongly
All those months, is silent.
Your little arms and legs
Moving so vigorously, are still.

Milk falling like tears from your mother's breasts
Will never nourish you.
Your eyes will never sparkle,
Your little voice forever silent.

Your mother holds you in her arms,
Timidly kisses your soft, smooth cheek;
Caresses your tiny fingers
And whispers your name with tears.

She dreams of holding you
Of watching you smile and grow;
Her love is always with you
A love only a mother could know.

~ Margery Cordukes ~

* * *
Almost 20 years ago, I gave birth to a stillborn daughter.

Losing her at 24 weeks after I had felt glorious movement for 4 weeks
was a very traumatic experience and saddened all our entire family.

Both my husband and I could say from our hearts --
"GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1

[the amazing photo by Lennart Nilsson is of a baby at 19-20 weeks gestation]

No comments: