In those days they told people that they should not worry or pay attention to heart murmurs because nothing ever comes of them. As it turns out, this can happen in some cases!
The surgeon spoke to both of us on Wednesday and set our minds at rest explaining and describing everything. He was one of the pioneers of the heart transplant program in our province and has many years of experience and even I had him on occasion during my experience receiving a heart transplant 7 years ago.
Then ... it was discovered that what my husband thought was just a rash from laying down in bed these past 10 days turns out to be SHINGLES so his surgery has been postponed until next week ... possibly Monday or Tuesday but we have not been given the word yet.
The Lord is graciously sustained both of us .... as long as I keep my eyes on Him, I can feel His everlasting arms and grace .... when I let my eyes wander onto my circumstances, I falter .... and as one dear reader has shared with me, the illness of a believer always opens up avenues of sharing the grace and mercy of God in circumstances such as this and that is something to be truly thankful for!!
7 comments:
So happy about the surgeons report. I will be praying that the shingles go away quickly and his surgery goes well.
I believe that with all my haart. I have experienced this and time and again see it as such an OPEN DOOR to share the Gospel ...medical needs are most heartfelt and thereby the time to share peace and faith in the LORD.
I'll be praying Dallas. God bless you both and keep you in HIS care.
HUGS
HOPE
So happy to hear good news.
Lorraine, Hope and Dee,
Thanks so much for your care + concern!
* * *
This has already opened up times of sharing what gives me peace with relatives as well as a couple of others .... and that's just me :)
I don't even know how many people my husband's peace + contentment have touched from fellow patients, nurses, Drs + the many students who have been brought down to listen to his heart murmur so they can HEART it and not just *hear about it*!!
Blessings to you all ...
Oh my!--I've been told that shingles are quite painful, I pray they go away quickly.
And I am uplifted and encouraged by hearing what a testimony you and your DH are being during this difficult trial. {{{Gentle Hug}}}
Dear Dallas, Praying for a complete healing of the shingles(I've had them before)and then the perfect time for the surgery and healing with this as well. Blessings to you both.
Hugs, Noreen
Michele + Noreen,
Thanks for your encouraging words + care at this time but most of all for your prayer on our behalf :)
We've now been given a date for TUESDAY so we shall see what the Lord brings ...
Blessings to both of you :)
Post a Comment