Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Words of Encouragement

Over the past weeks I've been reading in 2 Chronicles and today the Lord impressed a couple of verse on my heart.  He reminded me that He is with me always and will never leave me nor forsake me and that He never expects me to carry anything on my own ~

Be strong and courageous, 
be not afraid nor dismayed ...
with us is the Lord our God 
to help us and to fight our battles.

~ 2 Chron. 32:7-8 ~

Battles!? In my early days as a Christian, I thought that the road ahead would be smooth sailing. Those of us who've been on our way to Glory for some time, know this is not the case!

And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: 
for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

Most gladly therefore will I rather 
glory in my infirmities, 
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,
in reproaches, in necessities, 
in persecutions, in distresses 
for Christ's sake:
for when I am weak, then am I strong.

~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ~ 

I hope these words are as much an encouragement to you as they were to me ... for no matter what you are going through right now, the Lord Himself is with you and seeking to carry your load for you so that you might rest in Him and trust Him! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very encouraging post, Dallas, thank you. (o:

Jeannette said...

Yes and yes!

Sarah said...

Wonderful inspiring words.

susansspace said...

Thank you for these bringing these great verses to mind today! Just what I needed!
Blessings, Susan

Dee said...

Much needed encouragement. Thank you for the scripture. Dee