Moment's Peace by Alfred Augustus Glendenning
First of all, to anyone who has been holding off getting a mammogram as I did for a couple of years because I had heard horror stories of how uncomfortable it was .... it was NOTHING like I anticipated and NOT really that uncomfortable.
If you are one of those who does have a low pain or discomfort threshhold, the best thing to remember is that it only lasts for a few seconds before it's on to the next part and my entire time spent in the mammography area from beginning to end was about 10 minutes :o)
I was told that they will mail out the results to my family doctor as well as me in the next couple of weeks so will wait ... with the Lord's help ... for that news.
Yesterday I discovered that one of my 3 submissions to our little art gallery that runs on both sides of the hospital corridor was sold last week! That means it was my very 1st Gallery Sale and I was so surprised and so excited!
Something like that spurs you on to learn more and be more creative and I give thanks to the Lord for encouraging me to discover this part of me as I've gotten older and to not be afraid to do what I can and NOT to expect to create like others ~ I love this quote that I found on someone else's blog --
"Use what talent you possess ~
the woods would be very silent if no birds sang
except those that sang best."
~ Henry Van Dyke ~
~ Henry Van Dyke ~

6 comments:
Blessings to you Dallas, What wonderful news about getting your mamo. I pray the Lord continues to bless you and pour out His creativity through you.
Hugs, Noreen
Thank you for sharing about your mammogram experience because like you, I've heard nothing but horror stories about how painful it is. Nice to know it's not really all that bad.
Congratulations on selling one of your pieces! Your work is *beautiful* so I am not at all surprised.
And thank you for that quote, I LOVE it. So encouraging! (o:
So exciting to have sold your very 1st gallery item! Yay! Now, on to more creating :)
Noreen,
I'll feel even better about the mammogram once I've gotten the official report in the mail :o)
***
Michele,
Glad my *mammo* experience is helpful to you ...
I loved that quote as soon as I read it because it gives me the freedom to create although there are others who do far better than I -- it doesn't matter ... in the past, that always made me hold back or hesitate because I couldn't do it *the way it should* or the way *I wanted it to look* .... I'm learning not to worry but just have fun and let it be the way it IS :o)
***
Lorraine,
It sure was! More like a surprise but a very pleasant one :o)
~*~
Blessings to all of you as you enjoy the weekend ....
LOVED the quote! I haven't felt very crafty lately......need to get back at some things.
Mrs Mobunny,
Glad you enjoyed that quote ~ I really like it 'cause I'm definitely NOT one of those that sing [or create] the best but I do enjoy it!
Post a Comment