Just yesterday, I received a phone call from my daughter with the sad news that a friend of hers, a young bride of 5 months, died suddenly and tragically of acute pulmonary emboli [multiple blood clots in her lungs.]
She and her husband had been called separately to missionary work in Mexico, where they met and have been working in various small villages since they were married.
Today would have been her 24th birthday. Instead, her husband and parents had her funeral.
I can't say I begin to understand why this happened but I know that the Lord is overall and in control and for some reason, it's all part of His greater work.
I pray that this young woman's husband and her family feel themselves being carried in His everlasting arms as He gives them strength and help during this most difficult time of grief and loss.
Prayer for her husband and her parents and family would be much appreciated.


10 comments:
That is so sad, I will certainly pray.
I am so sorry to hear of this husband and family's loss...but I know all to well myself..That GOD does do ALL things well..and HE has a perfect plan. Perhaps in his loss the souls there in Mexico will get SAVED by her loss of life. Only God knows the depth of HIS works. He does give the PEACE that passeth ALL understanding. I know this must be a great loss as well to your daughter.
Prayers for them all Dallas.
HOPE
Dear Dallas, Such a sad bit of news; definitely lifting up this family in prayer. The only comfort could possibly be that their loss is Heaven's gain-but I know that doesn't take the pain away. Thank you for posting this.
hugs today, Noreen
Oh, my.
I am so sorry for their loss...I will pray for peace for her family.
This is such sad news and I will pray for the family that God will wrap His Loving Arms around them and give them His Peace.
How devastating for your daughter and her friend's family. I'm so sorry!
oh dear...your heart had just gone out to the stranger far away- brave bride of five days- and now closer to the heart of your family, a bride of five months...
May God bless her memory and multiply her faithfulness in the lives of those she has touched...and comfort by the power of His Spirit, as only He can, all those who will for all their days miss her.
I can't even imagine the pain her family is feeling.....
I wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and your prayer and compassion for this dear young man and family who are strangers to all of you ~ your care and prayers have warmed my heart and have reached the throne of God, a loving Father who loves His own and hears even the groanings of their hearts -- thank you all so very much :o)
Love and blessings to all of you!!
What sad news. It isn't our place to question why, just to trust in the Lord, it will make sense one day. Prayers for the family and to your daughter who must have has a horrible shock in hearing this news.
Post a Comment