Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Day at a *New-to-Us* Beach

It's not that easy but if you listen carefully beyond the sound of the wind, you can hear the sound of the waves crashing!!



Here's a collage of a few of my favourite scenes of our trip to this one beach -- neither of us had ever heard of it before ... we walked along a good section of it, about a 2 mile stretch there and back in my barefeet in the clean, beige sand.

Before we even got back to where we started, the gout in my right foot began acting up and by the next day, I was almost limping because it hurt that much :o(

Oh well, the next couple of days were cool, drizzly and extremely windy so we did things around here that we enjoy and hope to go for another day trip on Monday, weather permitting!

Blessings,




9 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh these are just gorgeous photos, thank you my new found friend, may you be bless during your vacation time. Hugs and Blessings,Barbara from http://bakinnbitsbarbara.blogspot.com/

Susan B said...

Hi Dallas,
Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos and video of your staycation (love that word!) The beach and water are so beautiful! I love to hear the crashing of the waves. I hope you and your husband enjoy your time together. Have a lovely weekend!

Finding Joy said...

Isn't there something special about an empty beach.

Sad to hear about your foot, is it feeling better?

Mrs. E said...

How BEAUTIFUL!
Isn't God's creation simply marvelous!!

Love~ Jen

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a beautiful beach! Glad you are enjoying your Stay-cation!

Dee said...

I would love to be bare footin in the sand!:) I hope your gout is better...my dear Frank is also dealing with a major gout flare up!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having such a lovely time together. My husband and I *love* the beach/ocean. (o:

Mo said...

I love ocean sounds. Nothing like it.

Cathryn said...

Dear Dallas, It is so good to see you again - via your profile pic. It has been a while hasn't it. So much has happened. I've missed you. Your blog is still more than beautiful. Hope to hear from you soon. Love, Cathryn (Redeemed By The Blood of the Lamb)