My husband has an extra day off this weekend so in a few minutes I'm off to bake a simple white cake from a recipe that my daughter brought home from school many years ago.It's more leisurely baking ahead of time for Sunday dinner and it'll go great with raspberries and whipped cream :o)
We've been invited out for supper on Monday and will be visiting an elderly friend who lives in a nursing home this weekend so our time will be busy.
My sister's birthday is Sunday but we live on opposite sides of the country and she's not online so I'll phone her to wish her a Happy Birthday.
Rain is forecast for tomorrow but hopefully we'll get some sunshine before the long weekend is over so we can complete some yard work :o)
Of course, I remind myself as I type this, all these plans are only as the Lord allows ... for He could return for us at any moment!!
Blessings,
7 comments:
Oh my but you can't beat a good old fashioned white cake. The perfect canvas to paint other goodies on! We had rain yesterday, but this morning the sun seems to be shining. I have my fingers crossed it will stay! xxoo
I hope you have a blessed weekend,
dear Mrs.D! :)
Mmmm... that cake sounds good!
Love~ Jen
You know, Dallas, I expect Him any moment! I know that if He does not come today the cake will be wonderful and if the week is busy then we can be thankful that we have been given a little more time to live for Him. Have a good day! connie
I read through all your blogs and I love each of them. You are such a blessing and help. love to you and May God bless and keep you. connie
Ladies,
Thanks for all your sweet comments!
I always appreciate the time taken for anyone to leave a little message for me :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
Hi Dallas ~
I look forward to trying the recipe ~ it sounds yummy ~ especially with the raspberries & whip cream! Enjoy!
Sharon,
It's a very yummy cake with substance, unlike cake mixes I've tried before that are like eating icing on *air* :o)
Enjoy!
Post a Comment