Hello Everyone!Sunday morning we noticed a small crack in the bottom corner of our car's windshield.
By Sunday evening it had DOUBLED in length and today, I'm off to get it replaced . . . before the crack spreads all the way across :o(
My plan yesterday had been to go into the city with my DH but the Lord had other things in mind. I'll take some crocheting with me while I wait for the windshielf to be installed, then I'll do my grocery shopping.
A few days ago my daughter asked me to design 30 bridal shower invitations for her dear friend getting married in July so with her directions and colour choices, I came up with one that she loved and one of the reasons I'll be heading to the city later this week is to purchase all the supplies needed. The other is to exchange a craft punch that I don't think I'll be using much for one that I will :o)
Over the past week, I sold 3 collages [1 was a custom order for colour choices] and a couple of sets of tags and embellishments from my etsy shop and that was a real encouragement.
By the way, the little lunch I had on Friday afternoon with a few friends was lovely! There was lots of food left over which I divided amongst the last guests to leave but I always feel better just knowing in advance there's plenty :o)
One of the guests commented that we should all take turns and do something like this on a weekly basis ... time will tell if that happens or if our busy-ness gets in the way ...
Trust you have a great day!
14 comments:
Sounds like you are having delightful days!
Your lunch sounds like fun and to sell some items from your Etsy - Hurray!
God will sometimes detour your plans, doesn't He?! I'm so glad your lunch went well. Have a good day, Mrs. Dallas!
Dear Dallas,
What sweet cards you've made! I must say that I love the beautiful roses on your sidebar; so lovely.
I hope the windshield won't give you any more problems (at least you were able to do some crocheting!) now.
Oh yes, and thank you SO MUCH for the surprise of your beautiful homemade cards in my little surprise package; I was so touched.
Love,
Marqueta
Your collages are very beautiful as are your cards. (o:
It's always so much fun to get together with friends. Once a week might not be feasible but perhaps once a month?
Blessings,
~Michele
It is nice that your friends would like to get together weekly. That is a compliment to your hospitality and friendship. It looks like the Lord is showing favor on you in your card making. What an honor to be asked to make cards ..Thirty cards is a big task and it may even lead to you being asked to make some for other showers.:)
What beautiful cards! :)
Those cards are just beautiful - I love the happy yellow!
My friends and I have thought about meeting once a month for lunch and we can't even manage that - time poor I think it is called.
God Bless
Jo
Deanna,
I am and I was so excited and thankful for those sales!
***
Suzy,
Welcome to my blog and thanks for your sweet comment!
***
Michele,
Thanks! Yes, once a month is much more feasible -- that's probably what she realizes now too :o)
***
Marqueta,
You are welcome and I hope the colours in the baby elephant collage were OK for your new baby once he/she arrives ... I tried to make them soft, pastel-ly and good for girl or boy :o)
***
Dee,
Thanks ... He seems to be showing favour, as He is doing for you with not only the sale but how your doodle GRIEF affected that dear woman who spoke to you :o)
***
Thanks Miss Jen!!
***
Jo,
I love the happy yellow too ~ when making them, I used some old paper I had and didn't anticipate liking them ... but I do :o)
I think attempting meeting ONCE a month for lunch is far more feasible in this day of busy, rushed lives :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
You have such an inspirational website...so very pretty and so charming. Your homemade cards are so, so pretty. I want to thank you for visiting my "little space" and leaving such sweet comments. I hope that your day is filled with sweet pleasures and simple blessings! Please come visit anytime! Blessings ~ Teri
Congrats on your sales! You just keep coming up with the cutest cards and things!
So glad your luncheon went well! I agree that it's so much better to have more food than you need, than worrying about not having enough.
Getting together and enjoying time with friends is something we all should make more time for!
Blessings, Susan
Hi Dallas,
Your cards are so pretty! You sound like you have been keeping busy. Can you believe that April is almost over? May will be here before we know it! :o)
I love your header and background...so pretty!
Teri,
Thanks for those kind words! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your new blog ...
***
Susan,
Thanks! And what you said about getting together with friends and making time for such things is so true :o)
***
Susan,
No, I can hardly believe we're almost at the end of April already.
Our weather is still drizzly and cool-ish but before we know it, will turn hot and humid so I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy it :o)
~*~
Blessings!
Dallas
These cards are beautiful! Very cheerful and professional!
Thanks! My primary style is known as CAS [clean & simple] ~ I didn't even know it before but I've been told by other card makers :o)
I like to use more embellishments on extra special cards like the one I just sent my Mom for Mother's Day.
Have a great weekend!
Dallas
Post a Comment