Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Sunny Wednesday Here

Photography by Michael Paul

I guess you could say I had a BAK-A-RAMA around here today :o)

For some odd reason, I feel more like baking and such when the sun is shining than when it's cold, dreary and cloudy outside ... I know! It doesn't make sense ~ should be the other way around!

Because I'm having a few friends over for an informal lunch on Friday, I decided to get all my baking done today and made muffins, cupcakes, chocolate-oatmeal clusters and chocolate-caramel cracker squares. I'll ice and decorate the cupcakes tomorrow.

An interesting tidbit is that I've just had my 1st international customer ~ a woman from Australia just purchased one of my Butterfly Whimsy Collages ~ and I was so excited.

My daughter asked me yesterday if I could make 30 bridal shower invitations for a personal shower that she's hosting for a friend late next month so that will be a first too!

I just finished reading Revelation 22 yesterday so have begun again with Genesis and going through the Psalms at the same time.

The latter were what I read consistently the almost 7 months I lived in the hospital waiting for a heart transplant and the wondrous words of the Psalms never ceased to encourage, strengthen and keep me, each and every day, no matter what the particular circumstances!

Trust each of you are having a great day and meditating on the amazing love we experience and share in Christ as you go about your day, just as I have been.

Blessings,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dallas, I just LOVE your new blog design. I might have to check out the site you used.

Have a fun lunch with your friends. (o:

Dee said...

I do believe the sun energizes us to do what ever. I am odd that I drink hot coffee in the summer and iced tea in the winter. Your cards are lovely, especially your collages, and I do think you will be selling many more. I like your new background very pretty and Springish.

Lady Farmer said...

Dallas!
You did, indeed, bake up a storm today! Won't your company be thrilled with all their choices!
Congratulations on your first international customer! That is definatly worth being excited about!
Aren't the Psalms so encouraging? If I could only have one book from the Bible, it would be the Psalms.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dallas ~ you have been busy! And everything sounds delicious! I hope you enjoy your lunch on Friday with friends.

Congratulations on your 1st international customer ~ may the Lord continue to bless the work of your hands! It is so fun to see your work ~ it's an inspiration!

Blessings,
Sharon

Finding Joy said...

You have been busy with your baking. Doesn't it make the house smell wonderful.

How exciting to make a sale - your collages are beautiful and would so lovely hanging on the wall.

I love the Psalms and find myself reading them SO often. Couldn't agree more with you.

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

We had a wonderful lunch and Ingrid does such beautiful background sets, doesn't she!?

***

Dee,

That's it for me for sure ~ the sun energizes me!!

Thanks for the comments about my collages :o)

***

Lady Farmer,

Just as I thought, I had more food than I needed but that's better than not having enough :o)

The Psalms is the book that I chose when I was in the hospital for almost 7 months, so I guess I made the same choice you'd make!

***

Sharon,

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement!

We had a great time over lunch on Friday with great conversation and lots to eat :o)

***

Jo,

Yes, the house did smell yummy and it seems there are a few of us who love the Psalms so very much!!

~*~

Blessings to each of you on Lord's Day,
Dallas

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Busy lady! I try always to have baked items in the freezer. Not often do I run out. Since I am reading your posts from the last to prior, I know that the baked items came in handy for your stop-by friend!

Abounding Treasures said...

LDH,

It's not often I run out either ... sometimes I give the stuff away because I've baked *too often and too much* but no one complains :o)