One such blog that I recently came across by Ali Edwards made me want to try my hand at creating a butterfly collage. [Ali in turn got her inspiration from Catherine Swan's butterflies and Margaret's heart collage]

I worked with one of the frames I already had on hand and made my collage to fit the 5" X 7" opening using scraps that had NO other use!At first I tried pencilling in a very lightly lined *grid system* but that was difficult to erase once the butterflies were attached to the acid free paper on dimentional dots. So, I erased it all, turned the page over and decided to try *free hand* or *eye-balling it* . . .
Finishing it brightened my morning and coming here to share it and then reading all the wonderful birthday wishes from all of you dear blog friends warmed my heart :o)
Blessings,

8 comments:
Oh, Dallas, it turned out beautifully! The frame is perfect too!
It was such fun to do - made me feel *creative* myself which I would have laughed at a couple of years ago but I'm discovering new things about myself and what I enjoy ....
Blessings!
Hi Dallas,
I love your butterflies, they are so colorful and pretty! Nicely done!
WOW - what a great idea - just need to work out where I would hang it and then give it a go myself. Love the colours you selected.
Dallas - just had to add another comment - did you see the prices of the ones that Catherine Swan does - some are over $1,000 (Aus)!!!! that's amazing!
Love your pretty & cheerful butterfly collage!
Hope you had a sweet Valentine's Day!
Happy belated Birthday! Your collage is so sweet and will look good in your cottage.
Very pretty!!! Love the colors. (o:
Post a Comment