Friday, January 29, 2010

A Very Blustery Day

It's a very blustery day in our neck of the woods!!

Since I had to run out to the mailbox at the end of the driveway anyway, I decided to take our camera with me and get a few shots, but once my mitts got wet, it was just too icy cold on my hands to stay outside very long --

The others were taken from my kitchen window . . . it's much more pleasant inside now that my fingers are feeling normal again and I'm enjoying a cup of very hot tea!

Blessings,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole month of January has been 'blustery' here!

Very pretty pictures! I like the blue glass contrasted against the white snow.

NanaNor's said...

Greetings sweet Dallas, I loved seeing your shots-looks like my neck of the woods. WE did get sunshine today but it was still cold; I managed a quick walk with my dog which was nice to be out.
Have a joy-filled weekend my friend. Hugs, Noreen

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

This is actually our 1st snowstorm this winter! I can hardly believe it!!

***

Noreen,

We had warmer temps and sun a few days ago but today was our 1st real snowstorm of this winter season and I can hardly believe it happened this late!

~*~

Blessings to each of you as the weekend begins,
Dallas

Finding Joy said...

Snow is such a beautiful thing (know idea what it is like to live in it though!!) - I took am about to enjoy a very hot cup of tea:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs!!!
We have had quite a bit of snow as well...but today the sky was blue!

Take Care,
Sherri Ann
sherriannskeepingroom.blogspot.com

Abounding Treasures said...

Jo,

You'd love it ... it's the driving that I'm not fond of :o)

Enjoy your cuppa!

***

Sherri Ann,

Thanks and welcome to my blog!

The blusteriness is gone and sunny skies and intense freezing temps are left behind!

~*~

Blessings,
Dallas

Farrah said...

How exciting! I hope you stay warm friend!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hello Dallas! About the sign I posted ... it measures about 32x6 because that was the size I needed to fit the words. It is pine wood and painted with acrylics. I will try and post a how-to as others have asked to directions too.

Hope this helps for now.

Kindly, ldh

Sharon said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photographs!!! You have a talent with the camera! We were supposed to have snow overnight and today, but we only got rain.

Abounding Treasures said...

Farrah,

I snuggled up in my favourite chair this afternoon with a *quillo* over my legs [part quilt / part pillow] and read 1/2 of a Grace Livingston Hill book :o)

***

LDH,

That size would be perfect so I look forward to your tutorial post when you get around to it :o)

***

Sharon,

Thanks for saying so especially when yesterday I was wishing I had the knack that some do :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Mrs. E said...

What beauty!!
Isn't the Lord amazing?!
I agree with others
your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love in Christ~ Jen