Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Welcome Sight of Home

You know that lovely, warm feeling that fills your heart when you've been away for awhile but are finally approaching home?!

Well, I felt that way this evening when I arrived safe and sound from the city where I'd been since the early afternoon.

Snow started to fall as I reached the highway and because I'm not a confident winter driver, I could feel that my whole body was tense as I drove s-l-o-w-l-y. The fairly heavy snow fell toward my windshield and lights, making it difficult to even see the lines on the road!

Finally, I reached our town and then drove until I came to our street, and there it was --- Home Sweet Home!!

May your evening be warm and cozy as you talk and spend time with your families,




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening, Dallas ~

I'm glad to hear that you made it home in the snow safely! Home really is such a lovely place!

Sweet blessings to you,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I know that feeling well!

And your blog looks so BEAUTIFUL! I am a big fan of polka dots. (o;

Blessings,
~Michele

~~Deby said...

oh yes...I know that sweet feeling...instant comfort...they are saying we may get a bit of snow this weekend...and frankly, "I don't do snow".....it's cold, wet...and I am a wreck on the road...so yes...indeedy...HOME feels good...
and like Michele..I love DOTS...
Deby

Cathy said...

Glad you made it safely home ~ Blessings ~

Lady Farmer said...

So glad you made it home safely! While I love the snow, I prefer looking at it from the comfort of my home as opposed to the car! ;~P
Blessings!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your header is lovely and so is the artwork with this post!

I love home! I know exactly how you feel about coming home!

Finding Joy said...

I know that feeling of "coming home", especailly in winter when your home is your cave.

Jo

Tori Leslie said...

Hi there, I'm new! :0)

So glad you made it home safely. I would love to see some snow and am rather good at driving in it, now if we could just get some.

Home really is one of the sweetest words ever!

Anonymous said...

I too am a nervous winter driver!

There is nothing better than pulling up to home after a busy day!

Blessings,

Mrs. Cari Brooks

Susan B said...

Hi Dallas,
I'm so thankful you made it home safely! I've never drove in the snow, so I don't know what that is like. I know it would make me nervous, plus I don't see all that well to drive at night.

Michelle and I went shopping yesterday, and didn't get home until after dark. I was so thankful to get home. No more night driving! I hope you are having a lovely day. (I love your new header...so sweet!)

susansspace said...

Oh yes, I can relate...I'm not fond of driving in bad weather, either! Glad you made it home safely.
Also love your Christmastime blog look! Adorable header!
Blessings, Susan

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

Home is definitely a sweet place!

***

Michele,

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it!?

Thanks! I thought they polka dot background that I found a few years back looked good with my new header :o)

***

Deby,

Thanks!

We had our 4 snow tires mounted today so I'm good for winter *on town streets* but definitely NOT on the highways!

***

Cathy,

Thanks ~ so am I :o)

***

Lady Farmer,

So do I ... but with our 4 snow tires now mounted, I managed fine on our town streets - it's highway driving that I don't like as all the *other* cars and trucks are zipping past me :o(

***

Mrs. Rabe,

Thanks for the sweet comments on my page and header :o)

Watching the snow fall or walking in it is much preferred to driving in it!

***

Jo,

I can so relate! Mind you, we now have our 4 snow tires on so that will make things MUCH BETTER :o)

***

Welcome Tori!

It would be nice if you got some snow, especially since you're good at driving in it :o)

I'm relieved to have our 4 snow tires mounted since they make it much easier and safer to drive in wintry conditions -- it's highways that I DON'T like at all since other cars and those big transfer trucks are zipping past me!

***

Cari,

I understand completely! Believe me when I tell you that 4 snow tires will make ALL the difference to how you feel and I'm so relieved that we now have them on our car as of this AM :o)

***

Susan,

If you don't see all that well at night, you'd feel much more comfortable being OFF the road, even IF you had snow tires :o)

***

Susan,

It's funny but there are some out there who actually LOVE winter driving?!

I'm not nearly as nervous WITH our 4 snow tires on as they are now [as of this AM] but I much prefer waiting until the salt trucks or plows have been by and the roads are at least cleared a bit before I venture out.

~*~

And to think that my DH commutes 1 hour each way to work and back home in ALL sorts of weather, including freezing rain :o)

Blessings to all,
Dallas

Secondhand Blessings said...

We've all heard that familiar say "There's no place like home"!

Glad to hear you made it home safely!

Mrs. E said...

How wonderful~ Dallas!
It is so lovely to come
home to home sweet home!
Hope you are having a Sweet
Sunday!!!

Love~ Miss Jen

Anonymous said...

Dallas,
Home Sweet Home! How nice it is :)
Love your Christmas blog header.

Merry Christmas,
Miriam

Abounding Treasures said...

Spruce Creek Farm,

That expression is more true the older I get and thanks for the good wishes :o)

***

Miss Jen,

Blessings to you in the middle of this wonderful week!

***

Miriam,

It becomes more precious to me with every passing year and I know what you mean - Sandra Kuck's paintings of children are some of my favourites :o)

~*~

Blessings,
Dallas