Monday began with the doorbell announcing the delivery of a lovely floral arrangement from my Mom, a tradition she began many years ago. Later in the day, I had fun wrapping gifts to musical accompaniment.We have an old-fashioned rural type mailbox at the end of our driveway and when I noticed that the delivery car was parked there longer than usual, my curiosity was piqued and I hurried down to check!
We received a packaged gift from across the country as well as a handful of cards from different corners of the world, including a surprise one from a neighbour right across the street :o)
The forecast for Monday had been for us to get our 1st snowstorm of the season so my husband had been planning to work from home, which fortunately he can do when the need arises.
Going downstairs to check on his computer Sunday night, his nose noticed the acrid smell and to his dismay, he discovered that the computer motherboard had burned at some point earlier that day!! Needless to say, he wasn't able to work from home and the storm didn't occur in our area after all so that was a blessing.Fortunately, he discovered that his hard drive is still fine which means, with the right cables and the purchase of an external *case*, he can still access all his data on his old hard drive with whatever new computer he is able to buy! YAY!!
We finally managed to find one that has the Windows XP operating system which he needs to be able to use all his music software, is the right price and has what he needs.
Although this is an unexpected expense, we are very thankful that one with Windows XP is still available as replacing his music software would have been even MORE expensive as he can now have his music room all set up :o)
Yesterday I finally managed to get into the local health clinic at the hospital to get my seasonal flu shot so I guess I'm ALL ready for winter . . .
As a Christmas gift to all my in-laws, I've done the family tree for each spouse that has married into my husband's family to add to our joint family tree which I began working on in 1998.I've just discovered that each CD had LOTS of room after I've added their family trees and a database application to read them, so I've added a wonderful assortment of OLD family photos that I hope they will enjoy and treasure :o)
Now I'm off to finish up the other 5 CD compilations :o)
Blessings,
9 comments:
It sounds like you've been quite busy and productive!
Your floral arrangement is *lovely* and I'm sure your family will be blessed by the genealogy work you've done for them.
I'm glad your husband's computer problems are fixable too.
I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
~Michele
Merry Christmas! I love your sweet Mom's tradition ♥
Oh, wow ~ those computer problems! Happy that all was not lost for you.
Your genealogy work and pictures will be a cherished gift for many generations!
Sending a heart full of wishes to you this Christmas.
Kindly, ldh
Dear Dallas,
What lucky that your hard drive could be saved, and the flowers are so beautiful!
A merry Christmas to you.
Love,
Marqueta
Michele,
I sure hope they enjoy what I've done and my husband's computer problems are nothing a NEW computer won't fix :o)
***
Julie,
So do I :o)
Every year it's a beautiful arrangement ... each year with different flowers than the last!
***
ldh,
Thanks for the warm Christmas wishes and for your sweet comments regarding the genealogy research I've done for these relatives.
My husband has 6 siblings so we all stopped exchanging gifts when all our children were small but this year I wanted to do something a little special for them :o)
***
Marqueta,
My husband is very THANKFUL that his hard drive can be salvaged out of the burned motherboard and a new computer is being purchased that's got the 32-bit Windows XP system that he needs to run his music software ~ YAYYY!
~*~
Merry Christmas to each of you and your dear families,
Dallas
Hi Dallas,
Your flower arrangement is beautiful! What a lovely tradition.
Sorry to hear about your husband's computer, but glad the problems can be resolved.
The geneology cd's that you made sound wonderful...I'm sure everyone will love them!
I hope you have a blessed Christmas!
Your flowers are so pretty. I'm glad your husband could save everything and get a computer that he needed. I need one with more memory for a software program. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Merry Christmas Dallas - what a beautiful floral arrangement from your mother. May your next few days be relaxing.
God Bless.
Christmas blessings to you and yours dear Dallas! Your posts always bless me and I'm thankful for you.
May your Christmas be filled with the richest of His gifts and glory.
Hugs,
Noreen
Post a Comment