Very largely does the wife hold in her hands, as a sacred trust, the happiness and the highest good of the hearts that nestle there. In the last analysis, home happiness depends on the wife.
- Her spirit gives the home its atmosphere.
- Her hands fashion its beauty.
- Her heart makes its love.
the light,
the joy,
the blessing,
the inspiration,
of a home.
The woman who makes a sweet, beautiful home, filling it with love and prayer and purity, is doing something better than anything else her hands could find to do beneath the skies.
A true mother is one of the holiest secrets of home happiness.
God sends many beautiful things to this world, many noble gifts; but no blessing is richer than that which He bestows in a mother who has learned love's lessons well, and has realized something of the meaning of her sacred calling.
~ J. R. Miller, "Secrets of Happy Home Life, 1894" ~
With society's beliefs and practices bombarding us on every side and the rising up of *so-called Christian feminism*, I think it's important for every Christian woman to be reminded of the principles God has laid out in Scripture for our guidance and encouragement and to realize, that there is immense blessing when we follow His leading ... not our own and certainly not the teachings of a society that wants nothing to do with Him.
Blessings,



8 comments:
I agree!
What a thought provoking post!
I am a Christian newlywed who is still working out of the home but I work my hardest to make our home a relaxed, healthy and warm home.
Your blog is so refreshing!
What a great encouragement for me today as I take a rest from doing some very deep cleaning (blessing) of my home! Hoping it will be a place of joy, beauty and comfort to my dear Gentleman Farmer when he returns home from his long day of toil!
BLessings!
Hello Dallas! Another beautiful post. I love being in my home and doing all I can to make it a happy, loving, hospitable place.
kindly, ldh
Amen~ indeed!
Thank you for this encouraging,
inspiring and lovely post!
I just love the works of J.R. Miller.
Love~ Jen
Dee,
I love the writings of JR Miller :o)
***
Cari,
Thanks for your kind comments and I am sure that your home is a very special place as you do all you can to make it relaxed, healthy and warm :o)
***
Lady Farmer,
I love how you called doing very deep *cleaning* as *blessing* your home ~ very true!!
**
ldh,
I agree wholeheartedly with you!
There was a time that I was being so affected by all that the world was bombarding me with that I felt almost *guilty* for enjoying being at home and doing all that I could to make it happy and hospitable ... thankfully the Lord has been working on my heart :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you this Wednesday afternoon,
Dallas
Miss Jen,
So do I :o)
Love it---thanks for sharing, will definitely share this one with my readers. It is so important to paint a vision for mothers today, without it they will perish.
Many blessings...
Post a Comment