Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Baking and a Yorkie Guest

I've been doing quite a bit of baking recently and with our warmish temps for this time of year, have been blessed to be able to leave the inner door open with the storm door closed to let MORE of the sun in.

We have had a friend staying with us for awhile who has a delightful little Yorkshire terrier --- at first this little dog made me think of our own wonderful dog that we had to put to sleep several years ago and wonder about getting another.

Then I remembered what the Post-Transplant Clinic had/has to say about pets, especially cats ~ if you can live without them, you're better off after a heart transplant, but if you cannot live without them, get a dog and just remember to WASH your hands FREQUENTLY!

Well, between the Swine flu, regular frequent handwashing as per Clinic suggestions and having a dog around the house once again, I might never get away from soap and the sink :o(

So, in my case after these many years being *pet-free*, it's just easier to not start all over again.

Trust your day is special in some way,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

What is harmful about pets after a heart transplant? I'm always reading about how pets lower blood pressure and stuff. Is it the germs? I know with cats they worry about toxoplasmosis (sp?) from the cat feces. But I think only cats that eat mice can get that.

I don't think I could ever give up my pets.......But I would like to have a cookie. (o; he he

Blessings,
~Michele

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

I think it is the germs and I'm going to write a little post about what I have read in the little book they give you when you return home after a transplant ... they tell us to AVOID cats altogether as well as caged birds UNLESS you can get someone else to clean the litter box ALL THE TIME.

I have just re-read the booklet and it says that dogs are OK, especially short-haired breeds but that there are a few rules to follow :o)

I should have read it more closely, I see :o)

Blessings,
Dallas

PS - You're more than welcome to a *plate* of cookies :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my questions. And I would love to know more about this so am looking forward to your post. (o:

Mrs. E said...

Look at those yummy cookies!
...And what a little darling Yorkshire terrier.

Blessings~ Miss Jen