Friday, June 12, 2009

Delightful Used Books

I found this delightful book at my favourite thrift store
when I drove to the city earlier this week.

Anne of Green Gables and the books following it
are some of my favourites so this book is a real treasure :o)


MOM'S ALMANAC is filled with wonderful drawings and paintings
and all sorts of excellent advice and practical ideas for new mothers!

MOTHERHOOD: An Anthology of Verse and Prose
is filled with old paintings of mothers and children
and touching poems and thoughts about
how dear children are to the hearts of their mothers!

I will share some of these from time to time as they are lovely :o)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog you have :-)

I am using your "Award & Tag Free" button and have linked back to the page where you explain why. I think it's a great idea!

Blessings,

Cari

Abounding Treasures said...

Cari,

Thanks and you're very welcome!

Blessings,
Dallas

Susan B said...

All the books look wonderful. The pictures in the "Anne" book look lovely. I love books that have beautiful pictures. They are such a pleasure to read.

HOPE said...

Great find...my eldest daughter would love the Anne book...

she even named her youngest with ANNE for her middle name...a family name too..how nice for us.

ANNE...with an "E".

Looking forward to viewing the other books.

HOPE~

Dee said...

Beautiful Books! I hope you are feeling better. Dee

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

They are!

The *Anne* book is a real treasure, full of information about the area that she grew up and the types of things that she would have sewn, cooked, eaten, etc.

It gives you a real feel for the era and all things Anne as well as giving a brief outline of all L. M. Montgomery's *Anne* books :o)

***

Hope,

That's wonderful that you have your own *Anne* with an *e* :o)

***

Dee,

Thanks and my sinus infection is much improved :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Cathy said...

That looks like such a lovely book. I do hope you are feeling better. I am having to take antibiotics, since my yellow, sort of wildcat, bit me while sitting in my lap. One young girl told me maybe he wanted me to pet him some more? He has just recently started getting on my lap. Don't know what to do with him.

~~Deby said...

oh...I love these kinds of books..they are a treasure

Abounding Treasures said...

Cathy,

It's nice that your *wild cat* feels comfortable enough to climb on your lap but unfortunate that he bit you!

***

Deby,

They surely are :o)