Monday, June 8, 2009

Continue On . . .

Paul Milner ~ Daydreams II

A woman once fretted over the usefulness of her life. She feared she was wasting her potential being a devoted wife and mother. She wondered if the time and energy she invested in her husband and children would make a difference.

At times she got discouraged because so much of what she did seemed to go unnoticed and unappreciated. "Is it worth it?" she often wondered. "Is there something better that I could be doing with my time?"

It was during one of these moments of questioning that she heard the still small voice of her heavenly Father speak to her heart.

"You are a wife and mother because that is what I have called you to be. Much of what you do is hidden from the public eye. But I notice. Most of what you give is done without remuneration. But I am your reward.

Your husband cannot be the man I have called him to be without your support. Your influence upon him is greater than you think and more powerful than you will ever know. I bless him through your service and honor him through your love.


Your children are precious to Me. Even more precious than they are to you. I have entrusted them to your care to raise them for Me.
What you invest in them is an offering to Me.

You may never be in the public spotlight. But your obedience shines as a bright light before Me. Continue on. Remember that you are My servant. Do all to please Me."


~ Roy Lessin ~
Sandra Kuck ~ Homecoming

I hope this is as much a blessing to others as it has been to me :o)


8 comments:

~~Deby said...

This came on a good day for me to read it Dallas...yes..this is so good....and a reminder....
love the pictures as well.
deby

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful! (o:

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby & Michele,

It was an excellent reminder to me!

I felt challenged, encouraged, inspired and *rested* as I meditated on the truth in it :o)

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas

Mrs. E said...

SO true! ;>)
Thanks for sharing, Mrs D!

Love in Christ~ Jen

TO BECOME said...

Thank you so much for your post, what a blessing it was to read. I have love the job that God called me to do on this earth. I have been blessed so many times over and over again. I would trade it for no other. Thanks again. connie

Susan B said...

This is beautiful Dallas. Thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas ~

This was very much a blessing and the timing was perfect! I was pondering some similar thoughts earlier today and this encourages me even more!

Sweet blessings to you!
Sharon

Abounding Treasures said...

Miss Jen,

You're welcome :o)

***

Connie,

How sweet! I agree with you wholeheartedly ...

***

Susan,

You're welcome :o)

***

Sharon,

It's wonderful when that happens, isn't it!? :o)

~*~

Blessings to all of you,
Dallas