After much thought and contemplation, I have decided to remove the FOLLOWERS gadget from my blog and want to take this opportunity to thank each person that followed my blog.I will REMOVE it this SATURDAY, so I'm just encouraging any of you that are presently Followers, to Bookmark my blog so that you can keep up with updates, etc.
I love having a mini preview of all my favourite blogs so I've created a Private Blog where I list ALL the blogs that I visit, whether regularly or from time to time, and they are all in an alphabetical list and at a glance I can see when any of them are updated and I also get to see the opening graphic for each one :o)
It works great for me and might be something that some of you may have already done yourselves OR may want to try!
Blessings,

UPDATE: I've been told that anyone can follow a blog even when that blog does NOT have the follower's gadget on their sidebar -- without the gadget, the followers are just not seen! Thanks to Michele for letting me know :o)
9 comments:
I respect your decision. Be blessed!
Beth
Hi friend -
I removed 'Followers' from my blog shortly after I added it. I use Google Reader to check in and see who has updated and posted on their blogs. It's a great way to keep up with my many blog friends. I used to check every single one I had bookmarked and that list kept growing until it was nearly unmanageable. This is a much better way for me to check in. Enjoy your new system as you keep up with the blogs you enjoy!
~Adrienne~
As you know I removed the Followers gadget off of my blog too.
Oh, and people can still follow your blog whether you have it on or not, it just won't show up in the sidebar of your blog. (o:
Hi Dallas, Loved your post today and giggled a bit because you have been definitely book marked and I check you daily. I would love to see your favorite blogs-in fact I think we visit many of the same. Blessings on your week.
Noreen
Dallas,
I am doing the same thing with my blog. Often I have thought about giving up, but so many people need to know the Lord. Your blog has been an inspiration to me and I thank you for sharing your love for Christ with me. God bless you.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren
Beth,
Thanks!
***
Adrienne,
I've yet to try Google reader -- I was under the impression that you only get snippets ... I *love* to see the whole page and all the layout and graphics of a blog -- so wasn't sure about it.
***
Michele,
Thanks for telling me that! I had no idea people could still follow my blog if I didn't have the gadget on my sidebar :o)
***
Noreen,
Glad I was able to give you a chuckle :o)
I got the idea from Sharon at sharonroses.blogspot.com where she now has a link to her blog list from her main blog otherwise it was taking up too much space!
***
Bren,
Thanks for your sweet words regarding my blog and my sharing - I really appreciated that.
I've just been told that people can still *follow* our blogs - we just don't *see* them if we don't have the gadget on the sidebar - now I know :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you as your week draws to a close,
Dallas
Is it ok if i add you to my blog list? Once i got a weird spooky follower and i deleted him from my follower then found out he is linked to my blog and i don't even know he is there. I still don't understand linking. As to your choice- Hey it is your blog! It is thoughtful of you to let every one know in advance. We would have thought their was a follower default. :) Heavenly Blessings Dee
Hi Dallas, A couple of weeks ago or so I removed my followers gadget too. But still have a way of seeing when you post. HYour grandchildren are lovely. Blessings ~ Cathryn
Dee,
You're most welcome to add me to your blog list :o)
***
Cathryn,
Have a great weekend!
~*~
Blessings to both of you,
Dallas
Post a Comment