Saturday, January 31, 2009

Engraved

"Behold! I have engraved you
on the palms of My hands!" - Isaiah 49:16

"Behold," says the Immutable One, "I have engraved
you on the palms of My hands."
Not on the mountains, colossal as they are,
for they shall depart;
on no page of nature's vast volume,
for the last fires shall scorch them;
not on blazing sun, for he shall grow dim with age;
not on glorious heavens, for they shall be folded
together as a scroll.

But on . . .
the hand which made the worlds,
the hand which was transfixed on Calvary,
the hand of might and love;

I have engraved you there!
No corroding power can efface the writing,
or obliterate your name!

You are Mine now, and Mine forever!

"Behold! I have engraved you on the palms
of My hands!" ~ Isaiah 49:16

~ John MacDuff, "The Immutability of Christ, 1874" ~

"For the preaching of the cross
is to them that perish foolishness;

but unto us which are saved
it is the power of God."


~ I Corinthians 1:18 ~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true when it is said, "The preaching of the cross is to them that parish foolish." Thanks be to "Our Holy Savior" that He has saved us. We understand what the cross means and how Jesus gave His life for us. And thank you sister in Christ for sharing these wise words with me. You are a blessing.
God bless you,
Bren

Anonymous said...

Also, I wanted to tell you that your grandchildren are beautiful. My youngest is now 14 years old. My middle is 19 years old. And my oldest is 23 years old. We hope in a couple of years that God will bless us with grandchildren too.
Many Blessings,
Bren

Adrienne said...

Can you even imagine this? Praise the Lord, He has us engraved on His hands. Those precious nail-scarred hands! Thank you for sharing this. ~Adrienne~

Cathy said...

Just Beautiful, Dallas, Thank you ~

Susan B said...

Dallas,
Thank you so much for sharing this verse. It is so wonderful and comforting, and such a picture of God's love for us. God bless, and have a lovely Sunday.

Abounding Treasures said...

Bren,

You are very welcome :o)

The assurance that He engraved me on the palms of HIS hands has always been a favourite verse of mine!

The the verse about the preaching of the cross being foolishness to them that perish describes me very accurately BEFORE I was saved almost 32 years ago.

I am SO thankful that He kept pricking my heart and didn't give up on me no matter how many times I rejected Him!!!

Thank you as well for your sweet comments about my grandson and I pray the Lord will bless sometime in the future with grandchildren too :o)

***

Adrienne,

I know just what you mean! It fills me with awe, wonder, amazement and deep thankfulness!

***

Cathy & Susan,

You're both welcome! When I read it, it deeply touched my heart and I hoped others would be blessed by it as well ... thank you for letting me know that it has :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas