It's hard to believe it's already the 1st of November! Time seems to be zipping past ...Once I got home Tuesday afternoon from having my biopsy, things kept up at a steady pace all week ... regular household things as well as a few that had me going hither and yon :o)
On Wednesday and Thursday afternoon I drove a friend to 2 different appointments and then yesterday afternoon, picked up the same friend along with one of her neighbours since all 3 of us wanted to get our annual flu shots.
On Thursday as well, I received a phone call asking if I could give a friend a ride home from the hospital where they had spent most of the afternoon and early evening before finally seeing a doctor!
Yesterday afternoon I prepared 2 scalloped potato casseroles MINUS the cheese sauce and put them in the fridge until I was able to get to them this morning.
I put cut some ham into chunks for the one I'm baking for us tomorrow. Into the other one, I just poured the cheese sauce and some corn leftover from last night.
I sliced the rest of the small precooked ham and placed them in an 8x8 square baking dish. In a small bowl, I mixed:
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
Pour about 1 cup of pineapple juice from a can of those pineapple rings over the ham and sugar mixture.
Place 4 pineapple rings on top of everything.
According to the recipe, it needs to be baked at 350 degrees until the pineapple is *delicately browned* or *glazed* and needs to be basted regularly with the sauce.
I am assuming that it does NOT need to be covered, but the recipe didn't indicate either way.
I had more bits and pieces of whole wheat and white bread and put together 2 bread puddings that smelled wonderful when they came out of the oven!
I followed the recipe that I used before but added a bit more of each extra: coconut, raisins, white chocolate chips, slivered almonds, etc. It didn't plop down like the other one did after being removed from the oven.
When I talk to our friends tomorrow, I'll find out how everything tasted ... especially the ham :o) If they thought the ham was tasty done that way, I'm going to make it for my family.
We had a delicious hamburger and hot dog BBQ today and it's probably going to be one of the last because it's just getting too cold and with the time change tonight, it's going to be much darker on weekday nights at suppertime :o(
I'm glad that 2 bloggers' posts reminded me about putting our clocks 1 hour back tonight when we go to bed ... I knew about it, but had almost forgotten in the chaos of the past couple of hours when I had to wait almost 70 minutes to get through to my cell phone company!Blessings to each of you as the Lord's Day approaches.
May my heart and mind be drawn out in worship and remembrance of what the Lord Jesus Christ has done on my behalf ... of the Father's great love to me and how He provided "the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world" ...
"But now in Christ Jesus
ye who sometimes were far off
are made nigh by the blood of Christ."
~ Ephesians 2:13 ~
ye who sometimes were far off
are made nigh by the blood of Christ."
~ Ephesians 2:13 ~
3 comments:
Dallas,
It sounds as if you had a very busy week! I hope your weekend was more relaxing!!
I love to come to your blog and read and look at your pretty pictures.
Have a good Monday!
I got a flu shot and I voted.
I also took the trash to the side of the road and fed the cats.
It's *all* necessary, right?
Susan,
I did have a busy week and it WAS a much more relaxing weekend!
Trust yours was as well :o)
***
Mobunny,
Thanks :o) Did you get any reaction after your flu shot?
~*~*~
Blessings to you both as you begin your week,
Dallas
It is :o)
Post a Comment