This week has been eventful and busy! Our newest grandchild was born Sunday evening and there have been activities all week, in addition to my regular daily routine, that have been enjoyable but time consuming.
Because my middle son is going for minor surgery on Friday, he had to go to the hospital for blood work Tuesday morning and on Wednesday afternoon I had to drive a friend and her foster daughter to the doctor's and then pharmacy to pick up their prescriptions.
This afternoon I'll be driving this same friend to another appointment downtown and hope to get home in plenty of time to make supper ~ yesterday I got home *a little too close for comfort* :o(
Fortunately for me I had been prepared and had the thinly sliced pork simmering in the slow cooker!All I had to do was slice the mushrooms, onions, yellow, red and green peppers, lettuce, dice the tomatoes, shred the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, and put the sour cream and salsa in little bowls.
All that was a breeze to get ready ~ just the time needed to do it! I'm not sure about others, but I prefer NOT to be rushed when doing things :o)
We aren't even sure of the time of the surgery Friday ~ he has to phone later this morning to find out when his time slot is and when we should arrive at the hospital so there's enough time to check in before going up to the surgical ward.We don't expect any complications as it's relatively simple surgery but would value your prayers all the same!
Blessings,

Wraps Photo Credit
7 comments:
Praying for no complications and fast recovery.
I don't like being rushed either. :)
You have a full week of blessings and things to do, to pray for, to focus on. Congratulations on your new wee grandchild! What a blessing that he has fingers! I'm thankful for that fact and offer up a gentle chuckle for the thoughts and words of little children. :o)
Bless you dearly.
Praying for you and your son. Be blessed today.
Noreen
Sharon,
Thanks for your prayers ... being or even *feeling* rushed is not my preference :o)
* * *
Lady Jane,
Thanks for your sweet thoughts! As per my senior moments, I got it wrong ~ I guess he said, "He's got a nose!" ... Either way, gentle chuckles are just what I had too!
* * *
Noreen,
I appreciate your prayer on our behalf ... have a blessed weekend with your family!
Dallas, it sounds like you have been busy! I pray your son's surgery goes well, and he has a quick recovery.
Thank you for your thoughts about my mom. We are thankful that we live close to my parents and can help them out.
God bless.
Sounds like busy days for you! I will keep your son in prayer for his surgery tomorrow. Your dinner sounded delicious!
Blessings,
Sharon
Susan,
Thanks! My in-laws have both passed away but I often wish my own mom lived close enough to us so I could help her out on a weekly, practical basis!
* * *
Sharon,
The wraps were pretty tasty and thanks for keeping my son in prayer today :o)
~*~
Blessings to each of you and may your weekend with your families be a blessed one,
Dallas
Post a Comment