The Grandchild
With strong pink fingers
Closed tightly around yours,
The circle becomes complete.
As you gaze adoringly
Into your new grandchild's eyes,
You can see your own child
And yourself.
You take a step back in time
To the day this child's parents
Was first held so lovingly
In your own arms,
And the love you felt then
Sweeps over you afresh,
Bringing a wave of nostalgia,
A mist of tears
And torrents of love and joy.
This child, your crowning glory,
Loved for itself and for the love
You have for own child,
Is a blessing from the LORD
And a crown of delight.
© Glenys Robyn Hicks, 1995
~ Dedicated to My 2 Grandsons ~
Heart Hugs by Kathryn Fincher"Children’s children are the crown of old men."
~ Proverbs 17:6 ~
I fell in love with this delightful poem! I can't say that I'm aged just yet . . . but according to scripture, grandchildren are my crown :o)What a blessing and privilege from the Lord . . .
May my heart be for their young souls and may I keep them held up before the Throne of Grace, as I pray for their salvation while young and tender in years and for their preservation as the years of their lives pass by!


8 comments:
We just got a new *grand* baby! She surely is a treasure.
I enjoyed the poem.
What a beautiful poem Dallas, and sweet dedication. (Sweet pictures, too). Thank you for sharing.
Oh what a blessing to have a grandmother like you. Your blog is so pretty. It cheered me up just looking at it. I also love to crochet. :) Have you ever crocheted sweaters for your grandsons? - Briana p.s. May I add you to my blogroll?
Dear Dallas ~
Blessings to you today! What a lovely poem. We are looking forward to this new adventure in just a few short weeks! I like to think I'm not aged yet either! :)
May your day be blessed with His great love!
Sharon
Congratulations mobunny! Babies and *grand* babies are so precious :o)
* * *
Susan,
Thanks so much!
* * *
Briana,
How sweet of you to say so ... I've only had *almost 3 years experience* so I'm still pretty new at it :o)
No, I haven't attempted crocheting them little sweaters yet because I'm not good at those ~ by the time I figured out what I was doing, they'd likely already be in the NEXT size!
Yes, you are welcome to add me to your blogroll if you like :o)
~*~*~
Blessings to each of you,
Dallas
Sharon,
How exciting it will be when your 1st grandchild makes his or her appearance!
A time of joy and blessing for all of you and I think I'm only a few years old than you so I definitely don't feel *aged*, yet ....
Blessings,
Dallas
Dear Dallas ~
I thought that you had mentioned once the year that you had graduated from high school ~ so if my thinking is correct, you are probably only 1 year older than me! :) I guess we will both be *aged* at about the same time! :)
Blessings to a sweet friend!
Sharon
Sharon,
:o)
You can tell I'm getting there, because I can't even remember mentioning what year I graduated ...
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment