Thursday, September 18, 2008

Content in Every Circumstance


"If the Lord sets you to guard a lonely post
in perfect stillness from all active work,
you ought to be just as content
as to be in the midst of the active warfare.

It is no virtue to love the Master's work
better than the Master's will."

~ Hannah Whitall Smith ~

7 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Wow...what a pretty picture and a great thought to chew on!

Thanks :D

Anonymous said...

Oh I *love* this quote! Thank you for sharing. I hope everything goes smooth for your tests this time. (o:

Blessings,
Michele

Anonymous said...

A lovely picture and words to dwell upon. Thank you so much for sharing these ~ it is such a blessing!

Sharon

Unknown said...

Short but powerful! I'm off to read more of your blog!

~~Deby said...

oh....this is so so good...and it goes along with some things that I have had on my mind and heart lately that I am trying to SORT OUT...
Thank you Dallas,
Deby

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dear friend :-)

Mari

Abounding Treasures said...

Tammy,

Thanks!

* * *

Michele,

It really *touched* me too! This time around was much :o)

* * *

Sharon,

You are very welcome - it really touched my heart!

* * *

Pam,

Thanks for popping in! That's how I found this quote as well :o)

* * *

Deby,

I am happy that it blessed you - I know it was a gentle reminder to my heart that *activity* doesn't always equal the Lord's will and vice-versa ...

* * *

Mari,

Thanks :o)

~*~

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas