Our living room is where we enjoy
most of our visiting, entertaining and reading.
This is where we have our family Bible reading after supper.
This is my favorite chair.
I do my crocheting here as well as reading books I love.
The bookcases in the room were handmade by my husband
before we built our home in 1987 and are made of birch.
This one holds a chiming mantle clock, a lot of our used books
and these 2 shelves displaying a few older some family photos,
a *village* of beautiful carved cottages,
surrounded by mini ivory Christmas lights
that give it a lovely, cozy feeling at night :o)
most of our visiting, entertaining and reading.
This is where we have our family Bible reading after supper.
This is my favorite chair.I do my crocheting here as well as reading books I love.
The bookcases in the room were handmade by my husband
before we built our home in 1987 and are made of birch.
This one holds a chiming mantle clock, a lot of our used books
and these 2 shelves displaying a few older some family photos,
a *village* of beautiful carved cottages,
surrounded by mini ivory Christmas lights
that give it a lovely, cozy feeling at night :o)
This is my husband's favorite chair
which reclines easily if he wants a short nap :o)
The top of the opening behind is *rounded*
and on the other side is the tiny entryway,
which is virtually never used as such,
~ most use our side door entrance near the kitchen :o)
which reclines easily if he wants a short nap :o)
The top of the opening behind is *rounded*
and on the other side is the tiny entryway,
which is virtually never used as such,
~ most use our side door entrance near the kitchen :o)
so we didn't have a choice in the color :o)
If we had, we wouldn't have chosen rose pink :o)
Anyway, it folds out to a double bed,
so has come in handy for overnight guests :o)
I crocheted the covering over the back of it
and the large white thing at the right
is my husband's wonderfully powerful telescope ~
~ he loves astronomy and being in awe of God's creation
when he looks through it at the night sky!
The art on this wall consists of
a purchased old fashioned print,
a painting of a mother and baby bird
that my middle son did at age 9,
and a small watercolor landscape by my husband.
This gives a view of the other side of the room.
The paintings on the wall are all life-like watercolors by my husband.
You can also see the other bookcases,
holding everything from books, to photos, to our stereo!
This side of the room has gotten a little *full*
ever since he began playing guitar again after many years rest.
I love either sitting in my cozy chair with my feet on the stool
or, sitting at my computer in the next room
and listening to him play guitar and sing ~
~ it's a very relaxing and special time!
The paintings on the wall are all life-like watercolors by my husband.
You can also see the other bookcases,
holding everything from books, to photos, to our stereo!
This side of the room has gotten a little *full*
ever since he began playing guitar again after many years rest.
I love either sitting in my cozy chair with my feet on the stool
or, sitting at my computer in the next room
and listening to him play guitar and sing ~
~ it's a very relaxing and special time!
The center shows a wall text that we received
for a wedding present almost 29 years ago
with one of our favorite verses:
"But my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory
by Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 4:19 ~
And He has!!
I hope you have enjoyed your visit :o)

10 comments:
Very cosy and homey! I really like the bird pictures above your sofa. (o:
I DID enjoy my visit! Thanks for inviting us into your home!
Oh, so cozy! What fun to get a tour. :o)
Very cozy!!! I love the colors you have chosen very calm and feminine. I love seeing your beautiful home.
Julie
OH! Your room is so lovely and inviting!
We are hoping to one day purchase a love seat that folds out into a bed. Our couch is really much too big for our living room.
Your husband is very talented! Woodworking, painting, musical...a true artist. :)
Did you crochet the doilies on your chairs?
Michele,
Thanks! Some day I'll post a couple of his bird paintings so you can see the detail :o)
* * *
Tracy,
You're welcome :o)
* * *
Jodi,
We find it cozy ~ definitely couldn't hold a crowd but we've managed :o)
* * *
Mrs. b,
Thanks! I do find the colors very calm and restful but hadn't thought of them as *feminine* colors before. As I mention in my updated post - because the love seat was inherited, we didn't have a choice of color or we would have chosen something other than deep rose!
Probably something more along the lines of that rust-salmon in the rocker-recliner :o)
* * *
Sharon,
Thanks so much!
We really didn't have the room for it but it does come in handy and no one else amongst my husband's siblings wanted it ... it's a bit more crowded than we'd like but it does enable us to more comfortably seat visitors than without it :o)
My dear husband is an artist at heart but has always worked in other fields so that he can make a living :o)
I crocheted the afghans on the love seat and the sofa; one doily on my favorite chair was done by my mom while the longish one on my husband's chair was a dollar store purchase! Since he tends to nap there sometimes, it protects the fabric ~ something I learned from my mother-in-law :o)
Thank you all for stopping by to visit with me today :o)
Dallas
Thank you so much for inviting me into your home. I felt very comfortable there. It is so nice and happy. Have a great day. connie from texas
Connie,
Thanks for visiting and I'm glad that you felt comfortable and welcome :o)
Have a wonderful day!
Dallas
Dear Dallas,
What a lovely and cozy home you have made for your family and others who have the blessing of visiting! It looks like a wonderful Home Sweet Home!
Have a blessed day,
Sharon
Sharon,
Thank you for saying so ... I hope those who spend time here, go away refreshed and encouraged.
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment