
"My God, my God, why hast Thou forsake me?"
Cried Jesus, the three hours of darkness being spent.
He yielded up the ghost and the earth did quake,
When in twain, the veil of the temple was rent.
FOR YOU!
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief
In His own body on the tree our sins He bare
'Though pure and undefiled, it pleased God to bruise Him
He hath pour out His soul unto death and paid the fare.
FOR YOU!
God was satisfied with the Saviour's finished work
And raised Him the third day to return to His glory above
For He has found a ransom -- the Lamb of God
Who, alone, suffered, bled and died out of love.
FOR YOU!
Return unto God who will abundantly pardon.
Call ye upon the Saviour while He is near;
Seek ye the Lord Jesus while He may be found,
And His perfect love will cast out every fear.
FOR YOU!
Behold, NOW is the day of salvation.
'Though it seems soon, tomorrow may be too late.
The Lord is NOW offering a full forgiveness.
Your decision to accept or reject might seal fate.
FOR YOU!
When you hear His voice, harden not your heart.
Admit you're a sinner deserving to perish;
Behold the Spotless Victim who died in your stead
And to His precious blood -- cling, trust and cherish!
~ Dallas, written about 1982 ~ very simplistic in style but awesome in truthful content :o)
Have a blessed Lord's Day!

*Credit for Graphic
7 comments:
Simple...yet so profound..I will never understand the depths of this....HE Loves me....HE died for me...I am so unworthy...He's coming AGAIN...Praise the Lord..
~~deby
Thank you for this!
Deby & Victoria,
Simple yet profound ~ I like that :o)
I, too, will never understand fully the depths of His great love to me!
Blessings,
Dallas
Very good! (o:
Michele,
Thanks! Like Deby said, "simple, yet profound" :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
That is beautiful, Dallas! A very encouraging piece of His great love!
Thank you!
Sharon
Sharon,
Thanks for your kind comments ~ in my simplicity when I wrote it about 25 years ago, that's all my mind and heart were taken up with. I didn't care that it was a simple, ameteurish poem!
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment