Friday, August 8, 2008

A Continual State of Inelegance


"What dreadful hot weather we have!
It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance."

~ Jane Austen ~
This is pretty much how I have felt for most of the summer because I am just not a heat and humidity person! I will be much happier and more full of energy once autumn arrives :o)



15 comments:

Victoria (Vii) said...

I am right there with you! The heat and humidity is such a dreary thing!

Momala said...

I agree. I'm just not a summer person and I can't wait for fall so I can put on jeans and a sweater again. Until then I just stay in the air-conditioned house.

Abounding Treasures said...

Victoria,

Dreary and seems to drag away any engergy that I once possessed :o)

* * *

Momala,

Fall is my favorite time of year!

~ ~ ~

Trust both of you have a lovely day,
Dallas

Sharon said...

ME TOO! :) I love fall weather.

Cathy said...

Really cute, isn't that the truth ~
And with allergies and asthma, I stay in a lot ~
Fall is nice with cooler weather, but I love the Spring.

Anonymous said...

I am the same way and am *very thankful* for our air conditioning!

I usually look forward to fall too but then right after is winter. I normally enjoy winter but last year ours was pretty brutal. I am trying to just enjoy the season I'm in instead of wishing it away because I find as I get older time is FLYING by!

Of course, LOL, if I didn't have air conditioning I think I might be feeling exactly like you! (o;

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

I know what you mean :o)

* * *

Cathy,

So do I, only being outside for any length of time when there are things that have to be done :o)

I love spring too but it's a little messy around here with so much rain and is very short!

* * *

Michele,

We don't have air-conditioning except in our present car and that's the 1st time ever!

I know what you mean about time literally flying by as I get older and there are things I love about every season but summer is just NOT my cup of tea, overall :o)

Blessings to each of you,
Dallas

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love the summer, but excessive and oppressive heat are draining...great quote and lovely blog

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

I wish I could send you some of our weather today. Low 70's, and raining on and off. Nice cool breezes are coming through the open doors and windows.

Hang in there...summer is almost over :)

blessings,

mari

sherry said...

It would appear that I'm in a well populated camp of No Heat! I am beyond thankful for air conditioning and even then I have difficulty. I'm sure heaven will be the perfect temp. For me, that will be 56 degrees. Seriously. :o)

~~Deby said...

Summer is my least favorite Season..I don't do heat well at all...I am thankful for our air conditioning. I feel like I hibernate though..I look forward to fall...but then we get our rain that seems at times to last forever.
I do like the change of seasons...and SUNSHINE but not heat nor humidty....
~~Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Becoming Me,

Thanks for leaving a note :o)

I couldn't agree more about excessive and oppressive heat being draining and when combined with high humidity it's almost unbearable for some people!

* * *

Mari,

I'd love some :o) I love the sunshine and a wonderful temperate breeze ...

I'm hanging in there looking forward to moderate, sunshiny September days :o)

* * *

Lady Jane,

56 degrees?! Wow, sounds like you enjoy even cooler temps than I do and I thought I was bad :o)

* * *

Deby,

Me too! Sunshine but not heat or humidity :o)

The combination seems to zap my energy and I'm always perspiring no matter what I do!

~ ~

I am one of those desperate people who has a small table fan turned in my direction *WHILE* I'm eating supper otherwise I'm perspiring.

I was always somewhat like that but it seems even more like that since my heart transplant. So, it *could* have something to do with my new heart no longer having any nerves around it and being unable to regular my body temperature very well ??

Blessings to all,
Dallas

Black Cat said...

Me too!
I love the autumn and winter and I love autumn and winter clothes! x

Mo said...

You HAVE to make friends with humidity. It helps. Just know that you are going to be sticky and hot and it makes it easier.
We have high humidity.......and heat, sometimes on Thanksgiving AND Christmas days.........I always wonder if we will have to bake a turkey and have the AC on?

My favorite two words together are: COOL FRONT.

Abounding Treasures said...

Phoebe,

I know what you mean about autumn and winter clothes! At least during those seasons you can add a sweater if it's too cold whereas in summer, you can't remove anything!

Even if you could, a few minutes later your body would be used to it and you'd be hot again!

* * *

Mobunny,

Oh! I *know* in the summer that I'm going to be hot, sticky, uncomfortable and when it hits, knowing that just doesn't make it any easier!

That too cute about your favourite 2 words put together :o)

Blessings to both of you,
Dallas