Well, Thursday turned out to be so busy for me, that I had no time to post anything :o)I had planned on staying home and doing things around the house, but the Lord had other plans.
A dear friend called and invited me to lunch and I am so glad that I went, because it was a blessing for both of us!
On the way home, I stopped at a small store that had fresh strawberries for the lowest price I've seen and bought a couple of quarts, just enough to prepare a small batch of freezer jam.
I already had bacon in the fridge so decided while there to buy a small package of very thinly sliced beef liver and beet greens to have with loads of sliced onions and mashed potatoes.
After our family Bible reading and getting the dishes and the kitchen cleared up, I made the freezer jam with a new recipe that called for only 4 cups of prepared fruit to 1.5 cups of sugar so much more fruit than sweetness which = fresher, healthhier flavour for all of us :o)
It also used something other than Certo to thicken the berry/sugar mixture and it worked out really well and took no time at all.
My heart's desire is that everyone will enjoy
a *Berry Good Day*
a *Berry Good Day*

9 comments:
Looks so good!! I know its a lot of work but so worth it!
Diane
I had a berry good blueberry day! Made more blueberry jam. :)
Your jam looks delicious! And lunch with a friend is *always* fun. (o:
Diane,
It really wasn't all that much work - just mushed the berries a bit after cleaning them. In 30 minutes the jam was ready to pour into the jars and voila!
Had some today and it was deelicious!
* * *
Sharon,
Blueberries! Mmmm! I love them but they don't love me :o(
Glad you had a berry good day!
* * *
Michele,
You're right - lunch with a friend is *always* delightful :o)
Trust each of you has a great weekend,
Dallas
Could you post the recipe? I've never made jam before and this looks like a great way to start! x
I LOVE your strawberry picture.....M.B. is one of my favorite artists. I have lots of her books and cards.....and a poster....and a picture of a robin!
Phoebe,
I'll post the jam recipe in a separate posting with the info for the special product used in making it, which unfortunately, appears to be *possibly* available in Canada only :o(
* * *
Mobunny,
MB has been a favourite of mine for years! Her drawings are so lifelike, while at the same time being soft and countrified ~ if you know what I mean :o)
May you both have a blessed weekend!
Dallas
It's great to pick up fresh produce at a low price in bulk and be able to preserve it. The berry jam looks wonderful. What a treat!
Kalianne,
It sure is and although I just bought enough berries to do this small batch, it's enough for us :o)
Hope you've had a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment