Monday, July 28, 2008

Saturday Family Reunion

There was a *family reunion* Saturday at my husband's relatives' cottage because one of his sisters and her husband had come back for a visit from well over 3000 miles away!

My in-laws died within 4 months of each other in late 2003 and early 2004, so times like this are special for all of us because we never know what a day may bring forth.

There was volleyball for those who had lots of energy and ring toss for those who didn't; walks on the beach, swimming, music, laughter, reminiscing, a big BBQ buffet supper and in the evening several of us played a board game called *Cranium* ... I hadn't even heard of it before ~ have any of *you*??

Below are a couple of photos of the beautiful sunset that evening














10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family get togethers are memory treasures.
Diane

Sharon said...

WOW! God sure paints some pretty sunsets!

sherry said...

Lovely - everything.

:o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, those photos are amazing. Sounds like a fun day. (o:

~~Deby said...

So glad that you had a nice reunion...
Yes, I have played Cranium but it has been awhile...
Deby

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

Yes, I have heard of Cranium - it is a fun game, haven't played it though.

I am so glad you had such a nice visit. When friends and family from far away visit, well it makes the time with them so precious!

Your pictures are breathtaking :)

mari

Abounding Treasures said...

Diane,

Yes, they truly are!

* * *

Sharon,

I took so many that evening that one of my brothers-in-law chuckled and told me they're like that every night! Well, for me, I only see them once in a blue moon looking like that over the water and I was in awe :o)

* * *

Lady Jane,

Thanks :o)

* * *

Michele,

Thanks! It was a wonderful reunion!

* * *

Deby,

Thanks! It was the 1st time any of my immediate family had ever even heard of *Cranium* ... I'm not good at the *charade-like* clues that have to be acted out :o)

* * *

Mari,

Thanks for the comments on my pix!
Cranium was pretty good although as I told Deby above, I'm not good at *acting things out* in front of groups, even if they are relatives :o)

Trust you all have a wonderful week ahead,
Dallas

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures!! It is so nice to have these special family times! Our son has Cranium ~ but I'm not good at acting out type games either!

Blessings,

Sharon

Terri said...

Dallas, what beautiful pictures! It sounds like a wonderful time. We have the game, Cranium, and it's a lot of fun. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. :-)

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon,

Thanks! I know what you mean about the acting out the phrase :o(

* * *

Terri,

Thanks for *popping in* and you're welcome ~ I enjoyed my time there :o)

* * *

Trust both of you have a lovely day!

Blessings,
Dallas