FOR MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER
I looked at you today
and saw the same beautiful eyes
that looked at me with love
when you were a baby.
I looked at you today
and saw the same beautiful mouth
that made me cry when you first smiled at me
when you were a baby.
It was not long ago that I held you in my arms
long after you fell asleep
and I just kept rocking you
all night long.
I looked at you today
and saw my beautiful daughter
no longer a baby
but a beautiful person
with a full range of emotions and feelings
and ideas and goals.
Every day is exciting
as I continue to watch you grow
And I want you to always know that
in good and in bad times.
I will love you
and that no matter what you do
or how you think
or what you say
you can depend on
my support, guidance
friendship and love
every minute of every day.
I love being your mother.
~ Susan Polis Schutz ~
that looked at me with love
when you were a baby.
I looked at you today
and saw the same beautiful mouth
that made me cry when you first smiled at me
when you were a baby.
It was not long ago that I held you in my arms
long after you fell asleep
and I just kept rocking you
all night long.
I looked at you today
and saw my beautiful daughter
no longer a baby
but a beautiful person
with a full range of emotions and feelings
and ideas and goals.
Every day is exciting
as I continue to watch you grow
And I want you to always know that
in good and in bad times.
I will love you
and that no matter what you do
or how you think
or what you say
you can depend on
my support, guidance
friendship and love
every minute of every day.
I love being your mother.
~ Susan Polis Schutz ~
How can it be that when
I bent to kiss you good night,
My daughter,
A beautiful young woman
Lay where only yesterday
A little girl had been?
When did the barrettes and
Ponytail ribbons
Of birthday party days give way to the
Styling comb and make up mirror
Of Saturday night dates?
Was it not only yesterday,
Crayons of all colors laid upon the table
Where now bottles of nail polish rest?
How can it be the buggy you filled
With so many dolls
Has been pushed aside and new suitcases
Are filled instead?
Did you ever know the finger you
Wrapped yourself around was tied right to my heart?
It seems as though the ink has just dried
On the pages of your baby book
And here we are laughing over pages
In your year book.
How did the ballet slippers of a little girl
Become the high heels of a young woman on her way?
Such a little while ago you cried,
"Mommy, I'm scared", and now you whisper,
"Mom, don't worry I'll be fine."
When did the teddy bear you hugged all night
Become the photo of someone you've chosen for life?
How can it be the smell of baby powder
Turned instead to the scent of perfume,
The giggles of a little girl
Became the tears of a teen,
And the roses tiny fingers picked
Were treasured like the petals of a prom bouquet?
Wasn't it only yesterday ruffles and tea parties
Coloured my world pink and today
A new address and a good bye kiss stain my world blue?
How did it happen so quickly and
When I stop to realize all my golden tomorrows
Will bask in the memories of pink yesterdays.
Thank you Lord for pink yesterdays.
~ Alice Collins ~
Favorite Dress © Susan Rios
TO MY CHILD
... we may no longer live in the same house,
but you're always in my heart.
You are still my child;
that will never change.
I will love you forever,
and that is also unchangeable.
I am here for you in the same ways
I have always tried to be
You are my greatest accomplishment
and my source of endless pride.
Because of the distance that separates us,
I can no longer be there
for everything you do.
But I can and would enjoy
hearing about it all.
Our daily relationship will be different,
but our personal one shouldn't be.
I'm as close as the phone
and as personal as a card or letter.
I have your picture on my desk
and your essence in my soul.
I love the moments we have together now
however short or long they might be.
Being with you has always been quality time,
but because of life's demands,
there has never been enough time.
I love you,
and like all parents who are
away from their children,
I miss you and think of you often.
Be safe, continue to do your best,
and remember how much you are loved.
~ Ken Musgrove ~
A Familiar Walk © Susan Rios
Happy Birthday ~ Love always,
Mom & Dad
XXOO
I bent to kiss you good night,
My daughter,
A beautiful young woman
Lay where only yesterday
A little girl had been?
When did the barrettes and
Ponytail ribbons
Of birthday party days give way to the
Styling comb and make up mirror
Of Saturday night dates?
Was it not only yesterday,
Crayons of all colors laid upon the table
Where now bottles of nail polish rest?
How can it be the buggy you filled
With so many dolls
Has been pushed aside and new suitcases
Are filled instead?
Did you ever know the finger you
Wrapped yourself around was tied right to my heart?
It seems as though the ink has just dried
On the pages of your baby book
And here we are laughing over pages
In your year book.
How did the ballet slippers of a little girl
Become the high heels of a young woman on her way?
Such a little while ago you cried,
"Mommy, I'm scared", and now you whisper,
"Mom, don't worry I'll be fine."
When did the teddy bear you hugged all night
Become the photo of someone you've chosen for life?
How can it be the smell of baby powder
Turned instead to the scent of perfume,
The giggles of a little girl
Became the tears of a teen,
And the roses tiny fingers picked
Were treasured like the petals of a prom bouquet?
Wasn't it only yesterday ruffles and tea parties
Coloured my world pink and today
A new address and a good bye kiss stain my world blue?
How did it happen so quickly and
When I stop to realize all my golden tomorrows
Will bask in the memories of pink yesterdays.
Thank you Lord for pink yesterdays.
~ Alice Collins ~
Favorite Dress © Susan RiosTO MY CHILD
... we may no longer live in the same house,
but you're always in my heart.
You are still my child;
that will never change.
I will love you forever,
and that is also unchangeable.
I am here for you in the same ways
I have always tried to be
You are my greatest accomplishment
and my source of endless pride.
Because of the distance that separates us,
I can no longer be there
for everything you do.
But I can and would enjoy
hearing about it all.
Our daily relationship will be different,
but our personal one shouldn't be.
I'm as close as the phone
and as personal as a card or letter.
I have your picture on my desk
and your essence in my soul.
I love the moments we have together now
however short or long they might be.
Being with you has always been quality time,
but because of life's demands,
there has never been enough time.
I love you,
and like all parents who are
away from their children,
I miss you and think of you often.
Be safe, continue to do your best,
and remember how much you are loved.
~ Ken Musgrove ~
A Familiar Walk © Susan RiosHappy Birthday ~ Love always,
Mom & Dad
XXOO


10 comments:
Dear Dallas,
What a joy to see your beautiful daughter grow up into a fine young lady!
Happy birthday to her :)
The pictures you chose and the poems are absolutely lovely!
Thank you for sharing,
mari
A lovely tribute to your daughter. I hope her birthday is wonderful. (o:
Mari & Michele,
It's hard to believe how quickly the years have flown by!
Seems like only yesterday she was a tiny babe in arms and now is an adult.
I am most thankful that not only are we mother + daughter, but *sisters in Christ* :o)
Blessings to both of you in your day,
Dallas
Dallas,
Your daughter is a beautiful young lady. Thank you for sharing pictures and the poems are so lovely.
Happy Birthday to her! :)
aw thank you so much mom, what beautiful poems .. you mean more to me than you might think on those days when i let out my anger in ways i shouldn't ... i have so much respect for you and dad, please remember that. Much Love, Rachel
Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!
A beautiful tribute to your daughter..very sweet, Dallas.
Happy Birthday to her...and to you as her mother, the one who birthed her !!!
Deby
Sharon,
Yes, I think she is :o) Thanks for the birthday wishes on her behalf!
* * *
Rachel,
Thanks for your sweet comment ~ hope you have a wonderful time this evening at your special birthday dinner with all your friends :o)
XX
* * *
Tracy,
Thanks!
* * *
Deby,
Thanks so much!
* * *
I hope that each of you has a great weekend and doesn't *melt* in the heat like I feel I am doing :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
Dear Dallas ~
What a sweet picture collage! And I enjoyed the poems as well! The years do go by so quickly and then they are off on their own. But what wonderful memories the Lord gives us to cherish!
Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Have a lovely weekend Dallas!
Sharon
Sharon,
Thanks for your sweet comment :o)
I am very thankful for all the special memories the Lord gives me to cherish of each of my 3 children.
As I mentioned above in one of my responses ~ I am most thankful for the fact that I am not only their mother but we are brothers and sisters in the Lord :o)
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment