books make the most satisfying presents.
A fine book is a lifelong friend.
Time does not stale it, it becomes dearer.
In happy hours, it is a delight;
in time of sorrow, a comfort."
~ Gladys Taber, STILLMEADOW CALENDAR ~
A fine book is a lifelong friend.
Time does not stale it, it becomes dearer.
In happy hours, it is a delight;
in time of sorrow, a comfort."
~ Gladys Taber, STILLMEADOW CALENDAR ~
Ever since I was a child, reading has always held a special delight for me. I could always be found with *my nose in a book* as my mom used to say!
When my children were very young, I introduced them to the magical world of books by reading to them and sharing what I loved and what I thought they would enjoy.
If a child sees their parents reading books and finding wonder and enjoyment in doing so, they will be more likely to develop a love for reading too.
Our role in helping to instill and develop this love of reading in our children is one example of the wonderful and amazing opportunities we have as mothers and parents to influence our children in a beautfiul and positive way that will benefit them for the rest of their lives!
Truly, reading is a family affair!!

When my children were very young, I introduced them to the magical world of books by reading to them and sharing what I loved and what I thought they would enjoy.
If a child sees their parents reading books and finding wonder and enjoyment in doing so, they will be more likely to develop a love for reading too.
Our role in helping to instill and develop this love of reading in our children is one example of the wonderful and amazing opportunities we have as mothers and parents to influence our children in a beautfiul and positive way that will benefit them for the rest of their lives!
Truly, reading is a family affair!!



6 comments:
My oldest son,(who just turned 16) is a really big reader. He would rather read then eat lol. Sometimes it's hard to get him away from his book, but most of the time he is good about putting them down.
Theresa,
Sounds like he really loves reading and that's great!!
Have a great weekend!
Dallas
I love to read.......and I love Gladys Taber! Her books are great to read before bed. zzzzzzzzzzzz No drama or suspense, except maybe a leaky roof!
mobunny,
Gladys Taber has been a favourite of mine since I discovered STILLMEADOW many years ago!
They have such a warm and cozy feel to them and are very relaxing reads as you've said :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
My mother and father were not readers but I became a bibliophile from the moment I learned to distinguish letters!
With four book loving grandchildren already, I know the next generation is hooked to the love of books.
It is beyond my comprehension that there are people who do not love to read (other than those who have a reading disability, of course).
Brenda,
Neither of my parents were avid readers either but I was much like you, reading as often as I could almost as soon as I could understand simple words on the page.
People who are able to read words but have never developed an enjoyment for leisure reading are really missing out ... I fully understand that there are some dear souls that for various reasons weren't able to learn and I understand that.
Fortunately, these days, there are a lot of literacy programs through local libraries and more often than not, they're free :o)
I didn't mean to babble on in my response to you but thanks for listening :o)
Blessings,
Dallas
Post a Comment