Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Window on My World


Once I finished watering all my container plants, tomato plant and flowers across the front of my house, I decided to take some photos of my front and back yard, from various angles and turned it into this really neat mosaic.

TOP ROW - Front yard from our driveway toward our neighbour's; Deep red geranium with sun glinting off the petals which is on the top step of my large deck/porch ~ the little solar light in the container shimmers at night; Back yard giving a little glimpse of the playhouse my husband built for our children when they were little.

MIDDLE ROW - Front of house and gorgeous white spirea shrub; Front door looking out; Another view of the lacey spirea.

BOTTOM ROW - My view as I stand at the kitchen sink to wash dishes; Flowers on outside of front door; Backyard through a maple tree giving another glimpse of the playhouse. I'd have to say that my daughter used it the most.

I enjoyed wandering around the yard and getting a *new* view of my little home and it has all served to remind me of how blessed I am of the Lord, not only to have a small abode we can call our own, but still to have family around to enjoy it with.

I hope you enjoyed the little visit :o)

9 comments:

Jodi said...

"A Window on My World" couldn't be a better post title for me to comment on! I have just been gazing into your world through your "blogging window" and I.have.been.blessed! I am bubbling over with things to say, but don't have time at the moment to edit it down to a decent sized comment. But please know that your blog has touched me this morning!

Anonymous said...

You have some gorgeous scenes there so pretty!!
Have a nice weekend,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

The pictures are so lovely ~ you are indeed very blessed!!

Thank you so much for sharing all the little glimpses of the loveliness that surrounds you!!

Enjoy your day,

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything is so lush and colorful. Beautiful! (o:

Paula said...

Dear Dallas,

I enjoyed your beautiful photos so much! You are surrounding by beauty! The Lord is so good to bless us with home and a family to share it with!

Have a lovely day,
Paula

Abounding Treasures said...

Jodi,

Thanks for visiting me and also for your kind comments :o)

If my blog has been of any benefit or blessing in any way to you, I am thankful to the Lord, for it's all for *His* glory!
* * *
Diane, Sharon & Michele,

Thanks! It's all in the *view* you take of the surroundings :o)

Believe me, if you looked close at some aspects, you'd see the weeds and the *non* lush grass, etc.

May all of you have a blessed and wondrous Lord's Day,
Dallas

Abounding Treasures said...

Paula,

Thanks! As I mentioned in my comment just above this, it's all in the *view* or *angle* I take the photo :o)

~~Deby said...

Oh these are beautiful and thank you for the explainations. Red geraniums are a favorite, to be sure. I love the look of the Spirea..think it is the lacy look that just seems so welcoming.
Yes, indeed we all have so much to be thankful for, no matter our circumstances or situations.
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Deby,

Glad you enjoyed the mosaic!

You are so right ~ we do have much to be thankful for no matter what our circumstances or situations are :o)

Have a great day!