Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Only Grandchild

**Our Only Grandchild ~ on his *birth* day.

We were thrilled to have him visit us last May
[and his parents, of course!]

He's almost 30 months old.

**These pictures maintain privacy while on the Net
but still enable me to share various members of our family
in a way that *everyone* feels comfortable about.**

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Children who are loved make us glow with happiness.I enjoy your blog very much and keep returning all the time,its very pretty.
Take care,
Diane

Abounding Treasures said...

Diane,

Thank you for your kind words and I *so agree* with what you've said about children!

Anonymous said...

Dear Dallas,

What a precious blessing from the Lord! Very sweet!!

Have a lovely homemaking day,

Sharon

Paula said...

Dear Dallas,

Your grandson is so adorable. Children and grand children are such a precious gift from God!

I hope you have a lovely day!
Paula

Abounding Treasures said...

Sharon & Paula,

I agree that children and grandchildren are a precious blessing from the God.

Selfishly, I often wish my little grandson lived *close enough* for me to get to know.

The Lord used a blog friend to encourage me when she let me know that although she grew up *far away* from her grandparents, as she grew up, she became very close to them via visits and trips, etc.

So, I am *hopeful* :o)

Trust you both had a great day - I did, but I didn't get much *homemaking* done.

TO BECOME said...

He is so sweet. I know what great joy Grandchildren can bring to a Grandparent. God bless you and him. connie from Texas

~~Deby said...

oh he is sure a cutie...I am so thankful to all the technology we have nowadays that makes it easier to stay close to those we love....
loved the pictures.
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Connie & Deby,

Grandchildren are so precious and I *am* very thankful for modern technology or it would take ages for snail mail to cross the country with news and pictures!

We take so much for granted, don't we?

Trust you both have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying your blog - although there's still lots to explore!

Have a good day!

Tracy said...

We don't live close to grandparents, either. In fact, we're 500 miles away. I know you are missing them!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie-pie!!

Abounding Treasures said...

Phoebe,

Thanks for *popping in* today :o)

Have a great day!

Abounding Treasures said...

Tracy,

I know what you mean because we're 3,000 miles away :o(

I see others who are fortunate enough to be a part of their grandchildrens' everyday lives as they are growing up and I sometimes wonder if they ever stop and realize just how blessed they are to have that opportunity ~ know what I mean? :o)

Have a great day!

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele,

Thanks! Glad to know that you and your husband had a wonderful dinner and evening yesterday :o)

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

What a cutey!

I know, that's why I don't say where in New England my daughter and her family lives since I like to put the grandkids pictures up from time to time.

Abounding Treasures said...

Brenda,

Glad you could *pop by* and I'm happy that I finally found a way to post a few pix and still make everyone happy!

Have a great weekend!