Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Chilly but Tasty Wednesday

Wednesday was a very quiet day around my house. I did the basic housekeeping and spent some time washing and drying my hair.

Walking to the mailbox presented me with our annual property *tax* bill, so that wasn't much fun :o(

Because it was breezy and cool outside, I decided to make the best of it and created an *oven* meal, baking the mincemeat pie in mid-afternoon and cutting it and freezing individual portions to add to my husband's lunches for work.

I took a small roast from the freezer to thaw for supper. Added to that were creamy mashed potatoes and sliced carrots. I really splurged and also made a yummy Yorkshire pudding in my 8x8 glass Pyrex dish!

To make my gravy have a little more taste and because I don't add salt to it, I always add an entire medium to large onion cut in 8ths, with a bit of water and a couple of dabs of horseradish paste. My son 'at home' detests onions so I smash them with a fork once the roast is done and then add my flour-water paste to thicken the gravy. It's delicious!

Best of all, my son doesn't realize there's a single onion in it ~ until I tell him afterwards :o)

My son mowed the lawn and after supper I used our new clippers around the yard in various spots to *tidy up* what the lawn mower couldn't reach safely. I also watered the various flowers as well as my lone tomato plant and other *container* gardens.

After adding to my ongoing genealogy puzzles and investigations, I crocheted another dish cloth which will eventually find a home!

All in all, a lovely day filled with simple blessings

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely and productive day! (o:

~~Deby said...

Sounds like a good day to me..and another DISHCLOTH...wooohooo.
Deby

Abounding Treasures said...

Michele & Deby,

It *was* a great day!

Actually I bought a new large ball of the cotton yarn so I'm equipped to make several more dishcloths :o)

Trust both of you had a good day today!

Anonymous said...

Dallas ~

Thank you for your comments on
Sharon's website.

I don't have a site, but I have
thought very seriously about it.
I am very apprehensive about the
computer and am not real sure how
to go about it.

This is the first time that I have
been on your site. I have not had
a chance to read any of your posts,
but plan to later. We are under
weather warnings now and I think I
will not stay on here for long, but
wanted you to know that I read your
post.

I hope that your weather is better
than ours. It seems like we have
had a lot of stormy weather this
last couple of weeks.

Again, thank you for your comment
and I will be reading your site
real soon.

Have a nice weekend coming up.

Blessings ~
Teri

Anonymous said...

It all sounds delish, I would say you had a good day!
Diane

Abounding Treasures said...

Teri,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comments.

I love Sharon's blog and noticed that I also enjoyed reading your comments and hoped you had a blog as well :o)

I hope that you reconsider being a little apprehensive, because from your comments, I think you would have a lot to share :o)
* * *
Diane,

It was deee-licious and a good day, all 'round :o)

Trust you both have a great weekend!